• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

41 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 11/30/17 - 10:25 PM

Are you talking reconciliation? Those idiots won't even go that rout to repeal obummercare, what makes you think they can pull that off to pass this?! No, this bill makes to much sence it would streamline CCW across the country, and that's why it'll never get out of the house or is it the senate it goes to first? Either way, they need 60 votes to pass it on to the next step, and the numbers aren't there.
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#22 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 06:51 PM

Just passed the House!

Let's see if we can rally the Senate to pass it!

• Like x 4
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

#23 Male OFFLINE   Kype

Kype

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 07:38 PM

there is hope!

• Like x 2
  • List

No man steps in the same river or woods twice.

NRA Member

NJ Trappers Association

Trout Unlimited Member

Ducks Unlimited Member 

#24 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 07:41 PM

The anti-gun nuts are already saying how unsafe communities will be if CCW holders who have had background checks are allowed to travel to states with stricter gun laws.  This, after the nutjobs say that background checks are the way to make our streets safer.  Lunacy.

• Agree x 2
  • List

#25 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 07:58 PM

Just passed the House!

Let's see if we can rally the Senate to pass it!

Not sure if serious?     There's zero chance this passes the Senate.  

Still happy to see the House pass things like this, because it outs NJ RINOs like Leonard Lance and Chris Smith vote voted NO today with the liberal Democrats.

• Agree x 1
  • List

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#26 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 08:28 PM

Not sure if serious?     There's zero chance this passes the Senate.  

Would you stop raining on this parade?  You're probably the same guy who leaves the stadium at half time if your team is down (thank you for doing that, by the way; I'm the guy who moves up into your now vacant seats).

You could try to be slightly optimistic!  Or at least placate me into thinking you are!

• Agree x 3
  • Funny x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

#27 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 09:31 PM

"(thank you for doing that, by the way; I'm the guy who moves up into your now vacant seats)."

X2.... :rofl: 

• Funny x 1
  • List

:D

#28 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 09:44 PM

The only real opposition to this is from guess who, democrats, RINO's.  They just don't trust citizens who are not criminals with the right to enforce their constitutional rights and to possibly defend themselves with deadly force if needed.  By the time the LEO's get there you will be either dead or wish you were.  Interestingly, the blue dog democrats used to be for laws like this but because the dems have fallen off the USS Common sense there are no mainstream democrats left, they were driven out by the nutjobs. 

• Agree x 2
  • List

#29 OFFLINE   birdshotnj

birdshotnj

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 09:47 PM

One thing that can be said, is that Trump has damn near done EVERYTHING he has promised, or attempted/in the process of attempting his very best

• Agree x 3
  • List

#30 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 09:53 PM

Would you stop raining on this parade?  You're probably the same guy who leaves the stadium at half time if your team is down (thank you for doing that, by the way; I'm the guy who moves up into your now vacant seats).

You could try to be slightly optimistic!  Or at least placate me into thinking you are!

I am neither an optimist, nor a pessimist, but a realist.   It would take EIGHT Democrats to vote for concealed carry!   They might get 2 (ND & WV).  

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#31 OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 10:04 PM

Call or email this guy and let him know what you think

https://lance.house.gov/

• Agree x 2
  • List

#32 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 10:06 PM

​ "I am neither an optimist, nor a pessimist, but a realist.   It would take EIGHT Democrats to vote for concealed carry!   They might get 2 (ND & WV)."

​Prolly not a far fetched inference considering every democrat in the white house acts like a puppet of Schumer .. ​And I think it's safe to say Schumer is going to vote no... But, with Trump as president anything can happen.. especially the unpredictable.. I mean, who would have predicted Trump would be in office right now, >>YOU?...

:D

#33 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/06/17 - 11:20 PM

Call or email this guy and let him know what you think

https://lance.house.gov/

Already did.  I was shocked they picked the phone right up; I assumed I'd get a, "we know people will be angry so you're getting voicemail", recording.

Edited by BenedictGomez, 12/06/17 - 11:21 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#34 Male OFFLINE   Cyanide02Z06

Cyanide02Z06

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 09:28 AM

It is important to note that they also slipped in the “fix NICS” bill as part of the reciprocity bill. This might give the Democrats enough incentive to vote for this since many of their states already recognize permits from other states. They will want the NICS upgrades.

I know many are against the fix NICS proposal but this is a small price to pay if we gain back our constitutional right in communist NJ. Hell, I would even support banning bump stocks if it was able to push the reciprocity bill across the finish line.
  • Agree x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

#35 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 09:35 AM

It is important to note that they also slipped in the “fix NICS” bill as part of the reciprocity bill. This might give the Democrats enough incentive to vote for this since many of their states already recognize permits from other states. They will want the NICS upgrades.

I know many are against the fix NICS proposal but this is a small price to pay if we gain back our constitutional right in communist NJ. Hell, I would even support banning bump stocks if it was able to push the reciprocity bill across the finish line.

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us.  And bump stocks are already illegal in NJ although not mentioned by name.  The national news never lists NJ as having made bump stocks illegal because they are not specifically mentioned, but that is just semantics.  It was covered on this site recently as to the exact law and language that already bans bump stocks and other conveyances that "assist" in the firing of a weapon.   

#36 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 09:44 AM

No way.

What it does is effectively kill the "fix NICS" bill.

#37 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 09:44 AM

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us. 

Fake News.

#38 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 09:49 AM

Just so you understand, this law, if passed, would have no impact on NJ residents.  It would allow, for example, a PA resident who has a concealed carry permit in his/her state to legally carry in NJ, but since we cannot obtain a CC permit in NJ, it means nothing to us.

This is incorrect.  It will allow NJ residents to carry in NJ with a non-resident permit.  The language was changed to specifically allow that.

http://www.nj2as.org...nal_reciprocity

And this current post:

http://www.nj2as.org...nal_reciprocity

Edited by Haskell_Hunter, 12/07/17 - 09:50 AM.

• Like x 1
  • List

--BBC News

#39 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 10:45 AM

All well and good, I'd hate to have to get a non Resident CCW to carry in my home state!! Lol, untill the "justifiable need" clause is removed, or very broadly defined, as it is no civilian can prove it, unless you are retired LE, or politically connected. Justifiable need was shot down in California for gods sake! Why not here? Since when is it required to prove a need to excersize a frigging right?! Lol, justifiable need bans the majority of law abiding citizens thier rights in NJ, and that's by design.
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#40 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 12/07/17 - 11:01 AM

Justifiable need was shot down in California for gods sake! Why not here? 

Justifiable need is conceptually so ridiculous is sounds like something children would invent on a playground to cheat at a game they're losing.

Which is pretty much what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users