IGNORED

And my saga continues,

GhostBear

I got a call yesterday from the HR dept of MarineMax, they left me a message saying its urgent that I get in touch with them, the women even left me her cell number, when I called the news she had was just not what I needed to hear, seems that the health insurance company we use, and what I'm using now to recover from my neck surgery is taking it upon themselves to drop me from the policy, I'm supposed to start PT in a few days but was told I'm getting dropped effective the 30th, she did say I have no issues with employment, I still have my job but as of tomorrow no insurance, and with that no PT, she said she can put me on COBRA, but I don't have the money for it.

This craps getting old now, I'm the victim in all this but I'm the one that keeps getting screwed!!! Anyway, this women seems nice and will be getting in touch with the insurance co, she never heard of an insurance co, dropping anyone mid recovery, gonna call my attorney and see what can be done.

I think I jinxed myself the other day when I thought to myself that my recovery and my situation was going smoothly, two days after I thought that I get this. I just can't win.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Yeah I'm going to call, but my car insurance is claiming a pre existing condition and is contesting it, went with employer to get recovered, this whole frigging thing is a mess.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Insurance companies, especially ones in NJ, never want to pay.  When my wife was pregnant with our second kid, we had issues with the company-provided insurance.  So I got on the phone with the VP from HR and the insurance company, and I got them to say that they were going to pay for things during the delivery.  Kid was born healthy, and we submitted to insurance.  Sure enough, they rejected everything they said they were going to pay for.  Long story short, I never paid those bills, the insurance company did.

So they will reject things immediately.  It's a pain in the ass, but you have to threaten them to get them to actually pay.  And in the end, it's the doctors who actually get screwed.  They'll patch you up and won't get paid for 6-8 months afterwards.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

You can't get dropped.

Lawyer up.  Who is the insurance company?  There are very few in NJ.

have a lawyer, my work insurance is out of Dallas, my auto is NJM, but they denied my claim stating a pre existing condition, though I could work before I was hit, so as far as I know that's being appealed, left the lawyer a message to call me back, now I'm way passed pissed off.

have a lawyer, my work insurance is out of Dallas, my auto is NJM, but they denied my claim stating a pre existing condition, though I could work before I was hit, so as far as I know that's being appealed, left the lawyer a message to call me back, now I'm way passed pissed off.

I went through all the same crap.  It is a joke but your lawyer knows what to do.

Definitely talk to your lawyer. I’m not even sure it’s legal for them to drop you while your medical case is still open.

I also think it might be illegal for the insurance company to drop you, mid claim. I would ask my lawyer if there are criminal charges that could be brought against the insurance provider. I would most certainly have my lawyer contact the insurance commission about this. I would also have the lawyer bring up the fact that the other company denied your claim due to a supposed pre-existing condition. I don't think they can just do that either, not without due process.

It may be possible for you to bring some heat on them. Might not do any good, but it might make them a bit uncomfortable.

RayG

FWIW, my wife was in an auto accident in NJ a few years back. The other driver ran a red light and was given two summonses. She claimed that she blacked out...yada, yada. We had the same thing happen in that our insurance carrierrefused to pay after we ran out of the DE limit and applied for (and were granted) the NJ limit. She was on Medicare, so it was not much of an issue, but in retrospect, I should have paid the bills out of pocket and claimed the entire amount in the suit, not just the m3edicare negotiated fees. It took about three years to settle and we had to threaten to go to court before the insurance co.( NJM) would come up with a reasonable settlement offer. That was absolutely NOT what our law firm wanted to hear. they were not so subtly suggesting that we should accept what was, in essence a nuisance claim award. And by the way, do not forget about the PIP. There is a separate process for settling PIP claims. It is done via arbitration and is separate from any civil action. Ask your lawyer. Our law firm farmed out the PIP arbitration to a lawyer who specialized in that aspect. It may well be worth pursuing. Was for us.

Never forget that lawyers are contractors. They work for themselves, not for you or me. Lawyers will always want to do what is in THEIR best interest d settling is almost always in their best interest. One third of a small settlement is better than nothing, which is what can happen if they go to court. not to mention that going to court actually takes real preparation and time. To them it is just another case, so why take un-necessary risks.