IGNORED

Looking to add another 1 to the safe

mattg1500

im a Pa res so there are places to sight in here. Honestly I zero at 100 and everything else is done with the turrets and a cheat sheet.

Deciding on glass isnt hard, its hard to pay for! Drop 1000 on a rifle and 2000 on a scope an we will be sharing an apartment somewhere when we get kicked out lol. My 308 has the most in it at just over 4k but that includes the NV

I hear ya'!

I had the same rifle / glass experience.  Thought the gun was going to be the expensive part, wow, I was wrong!

With the scope I have, there are spots on the scope magnification to sight into.  Mine has a 200-yard spot.  So I sighted in at that range per the recommendations from the vendor.  Works great for the most part.

I still very much want to see your final build when you're done.  It's going to be an awesome rifle.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If you don’t reload buy somethingyou readily find ammo for. I have always been partial to the 270 wby mag. Hits hard, shoots flat with modest recoil. If you are shooting hogs shoot partitions not ballistic tips

280ai doesnt offer many factory loads but i like the cartridge. 7mm has a big offering. I use barnes now on hogs but never lost one with a nbt either. The nbt fragments hard where the barnes retains weight and flowers leaving a big star exit or being trapped just under the hide on opposite side

280ai doesnt offer many factory loads but i like the cartridge. 7mm has a big offering. I use barnes now on hogs but never lost one with a nbt either. The nbt fragments hard where the barnes retains weight and flowers leaving a big star exit or being trapped just under the hide on opposite side

280ai is a fine round, a friend of mine has a custom rifle chambered in it. If you compare ballistics it is very close behind the 270 wby. The reason i mentioned partitions is they expand perfectly across a wide range of velocities which you will encounter when shots can be anywhere from 50-500yrds yet the rear core will always stay intact. What i have found shooting many head of game with the rifle is those traditional cored bullets have more of a devistating effect than solid copper bullets like the barnes x. The lead in front of the partition has a splatter effect like mercury hitting a solid surface breaking into hundreds of little shrapnel like matter. I used barnes handloads on game and they are a great bullet but lack the devastating effect the fragile nose of the partition. Whatever you choose have fun, shoot straight and enjoy the hunt

AWM

280ai is a fine round, a friend of mine has a custom rifle chambered in it. If you compare ballistics it is very close behind the 270 wby. The reason i mentioned partitions is they expand perfectly across a wide range of velocities which you will encounter when shots can be anywhere from 50-500yrds yet the rear core will always stay intact. What i have found shooting many head of game with the rifle is those traditional cored bullets have more of a devistating effect than solid copper bullets like the barnes x. The lead in front of the partition has a splatter effect like mercury hitting a solid surface breaking into hundreds of little shrapnel like matter. I used barnes handloads on game and they are a great bullet but lack the devastating effect the fragile nose of the partition. Whatever you choose have fun, shoot straight and enjoy the hunt

THANKS! The wheels are really turning now lol