IGNORED

Holographic Sights

Haskell_Hunter

So I got my S&W M&P 10 in .308 WIN today, ordered better mags for it from Midway, and now I'm looking at holographic sights for it.  I am debating whether or not this will go with my to NH for deer hunts along with my Rem 700 XCR II in .30-06.  My other AR is 5.56 with a scope on it for varmint hunting.  I was thinking that the holographic sight would be more versatile for hunting deer at

Anyone have recommendations or experience with holographic sights on an AR?  I've seen prices range from $14 to $400.  Not looking for cheap gear, I usually put quality stuff on my guns.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Not holographic but I run an Aimpoint PRO on an AR15 . It's incredibly simple . Co-witnessed with my flip up sights , or drop them down and you've got unobstructed point and click . I took it hunting a few times actually for coyotes and actually harvested a fox with it . I would use it more , but I have a dedicated coyote gun. It serves as home defense weapon 99.9% of the time .

I actually taught my girlfriend how to shoot on it , she has issues with a .22 and iron sights .

My eyes for some reason have a hard time with the eoTech sight , so I want to aimpoint and have been more than happy . Not to mention an 8 year ON battery life .

Edited by Bad64chevelle

Again not a Holographic but I bought a vortex with a burris mount from Brownells for around 300. Nice set up for up close but enough range for the 308.

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/scopes/rifle-scopes/strike-eagle-1-6x24mm-scope-ar-bdc-reticle-prod87495.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=VORTEX%2bOPTICS

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.