IGNORED

Hunting in Northern NH

Those ridges look uncut.  Did you see evidence of a lot of logging in that area?

Oh, yeah.  Lots of logging going on.  Not only were there areas of clear cut, but there were logging stations with stacks of timber.

It's very well managed (from what I've learned from Rusty and Brian).  They cut only so much of an area, leave some old trees in place, and that's it.  Maybe 5 acres is a large area to cut.  There's so much land they can actively cut it and you'll never really notice.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Holy cow a Sasquatch in N.H! Oh wait, it's only you with with the nice 8 pointer in the bed of the pickup.........Phewww!

Great read and pics Tim! Looks like an awesome annual trip to take with good friends and great scenery.....Definitely will take a ride up there, looks nice!

Love the 45th Parallel sign also... 

Edited by LPJR

Love it up there. My grandparents used to have a cabin on Wallace Pond on the Candian side. I remember passing through Colebrook as a kid. Parents are in Newbury Vt. now, near Woodsville NH for reference. I don't get as far north as you anymore, but it's still beautiful country where they are.

I crossed over into VT at Canaan and took VT 114 down to I-91, so I am familiar with everything down US-5 and I-91 on the VT side.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Holy cow a Sasquatch in N.H! Oh wait, it's only you with with the nice 8 pointer in the bed of the pickup.........Phewww!

Great read and pics Tim! Looks like an awesome annual trip to take with good friends and great scenery.....Definitely will take a ride up there, looks nice!

Love the 45th Parallel sign also... 

Be careful up there!  I can see you falling in love with the place.  They have snowmobile trails crisscrossing all over the area.  They also connect to VT and ME.  We used to lodge with the president of the snowmobile club up there.  http://www.pittsburgridgerunners.org

Here are some teasers for you and Christopher:

This is on rt 3.  Young's Store.  Every snowmobile comes here to fuel up for the day.

Youngs.jpg

And of course there is the summer months:

c127ce2e7ad241689b677ea2aec6b3d0--atv-en

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Hunted grouse for a few years up in Pittsburg. Usually stayed at Lopstick Lodge cabins over on Back Lake. The Rainbow Grill at Tall Timbers is an awesome place to eat. Been to the Buck Rub many times as well. Going to try to get up there fly fishing this year.

It's awesome up there.  Always something to do outdoors.  I forgot to mention the birds, you can feed them from your hands.  That one blew me away when I first saw it.  I always discover something new up there.  I am looking for property, the prices are right.  I'll check out The Rainbow Grill the next time I'm up there.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.