IGNORED

Rabbit stamp???

Wallew

Grew up chasing rabbits with hounds.

Great days spent with my dad.

Shame NJ is all about deer today .

When there were breaks in the season everyone couldnt wait to hunt other species that were enjoyable due to the commaradory involved.

ImO its why there isnt more hunter psrticapation.

Would bowhunt, then small game and waterfowl.

Deer hunt again for a week . Then bsck to waterfowl and small game till winter bow.

Now 95% of NJ land doesnt see anything but deer hunting

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Grew up chasing rabbits with hounds.

Great days spent with my dad.

Shame NJ is all about deer today .

When there were breaks in the season everyone couldnt wait to hunt other species that were enjoyable due to the commaradory involved.

ImO its why there isnt more hunter psrticapation.

Would bowhunt, then small game and waterfowl.

Deer hunt again for a week . Then bsck to waterfowl and small game till winter bow.

Now 95% of NJ land doesnt see anything but deer hunting

I was right there with that, Dan. We used to have a ton of fun small game hunting for the rabbits and the wild birds. It also allowed for a more intense deer hunt in the limited time you had to do it. It is a shame that many only get revved up for deer and never experiencing bunny hunting. If anything it made you a patient hunter and certainly a better shot. No wonder the cottontails of today have a ho hum who cares attitude, lol. Except for the hawks and cats of course.

Louie.jpg

Well since native birds are few and far between or non existent, then for those who enjoy hunting with a dog afoot in the fields and woods and taking a bird while in flight we don't have much choice living here in NJ.

And not to start an argument, because I believe in, each to his own, but, I'm not sure I even get the idea of baiting and using cameras and scents, etc while hunting from an elevated position.

Well I don't bait and I don't use cameras but I have no issue with anyone doing it, and this is a poor comparison anyway. . But let me clarify. I don't have any problem with it. I have participated in bird hunting on private properties with dogs and that was fun.

It just seams weird to me for the state to be releasing farm raised animals for hunting. What if they did that with deer or bear? Wouldn't that be weird? I am not necessary against it but its just an odd concept to me. don't read too much into this

if they where relased   a few weekes before breeding seasons started would be the best, the birds will became wild by  the time it comes to hunting them, thats how many clubs  here in Portugal do it, 

Now on to Rabbits like the post says,  I feel that we need a stamp for everything nowdays Would the stamp really change  anything ? Why not bring the limit down to 2 per day. 

I feel that this might help better then a stamp, Same goes for Chukar, quail pheasent.  and only hunt 2 days a week, for exemple, Thursdays , Sundays, and Holidays, 

This is todays hunt here in Portugal ( has many know im living here and moving back home to NJ or other states  in Jan 2018)   Hunting limits are done for 3 year, last year limit was 3 rabbits this year its 2 , next year going to be oine per day, 

Chukars was limtis on thursday ,  also limit is 2 .. 

23622404_1831657193529765_81053087872328

And todays hunt me and my Neighbor 

23593614_10211059110729919_8363925820810

I actually agree. Establishing a native population would make much more sense than announcement of dumping hundreds of birds in the area so they can be hunted immediately upon release.  

Nice pics

What other hunting is allowed in Portugal? ANy big game?

I actually agree. Establishing a native population would make much more sense than announcement of dumping hundreds of birds in the area so they can be hunted immediately upon release.  

Nice pics

What other hunting is allowed in Portugal? ANy big gamAll is all

Here we hunt from Rabbits, chukars, pheasentes, Thrusher birss, ducks, pigeons, doves, The big games is moslty Javalina  some Deer and Rams.  No stamps needes just one licneses and you hunt all  only thing is that you can only hunt 2 days a week and holidays unless your a Turistic hunting club but there your paying big €€ like 150€ to hunt plus 35€ a chukar ( this an exemple )  , Big game is hunted all year long in smome places. Fullmoon you can hunt Javelinas Rest is hunted from Aug 20 +/- ( DUCKS ) until  Feb 19 ( thruser and pigeons)  ,  On public land only hunting allowed is Rabbit, Chukar, hears, Phesants, Fox, groundhogs. 

Public land free the other land or is private( turist hunting where you pay up the ass )  or belongs to clubs where you have to join the  club and pay  anual Fees, ( i hunt on public and belong to 2 clubs near my House). 

This morning i went on public land for rabbit and chukar and on my club land  after lunch went looking for snipe and thursher, about a 40 min walk around my neighbor hood , 

Here is a picture from last sunday hutning thrusher they can be hunted from nov 1 until Feb 19 Limite is 40 per day, but some clubes bring the limite down to 20. 23794866_1533719276671547_82814507558761

And here is one from about 30 min ago . 

23754950_1689719241048931_65814247517076

Here we hunt from Rabbits, chukars, pheasentes, Thrusher birss, ducks, pigeons, doves, The big games is moslty Javalina  some Deer and Rams.  No stamps needes just one licneses and you hunt all  only thing is that you can only hunt 2 days a week and holidays unless your a Turistic hunting club but there your paying big €€ like 150€ to hunt plus 35€ a chukar ( this an exemple )  , Big game is hunted all year long in smome places. Fullmoon you can hunt Javelinas Rest is hunted from Aug 20 +/- ( DUCKS ) until  Feb 19 ( thruser and pigeons)  ,  On public land only hunting allowed is Rabbit, Chukar, hears, Phesants, Fox, groundhogs. 

Public land free the other land or is private( turist hunting where you pay up the ass )  or belongs to clubs where you have to join the  club and pay  anual Fees, ( i hunt on public and belong to 2 clubs near my House). 

This morning i went on public land for rabbit and chukar and on my club land  after lunch went looking for snipe and thursher, about a 40 min walk around my neighbor hood , 

Here is a picture from last sunday hutning thrusher they can be hunted from nov 1 until Feb 19 Limite is 40 per day, but some clubes bring the limite down to 20. 23794866_1533719276671547_82814507558761

And here is one from about 30 min ago . 

23754950_1689719241048931_65814247517076

Cool, thanks for the info. I work with many  people from Portugal and my best friend's parents are first generation. My first experience with authentic Portuguese cuisine was in their house and I visit as much as I can :happywave: . Great people. I am learning from them and often cook Portuguese dishes at home.