IGNORED

Getting The Itch To Purchase a Xbow

BHC

I can't believe I'm saying it but I am.....

Now of course Xbows are new to me as I never read up on them, but I will soon

My friend has a Crossman Tormentor Whisper 380 and he likes it, he shot that big Illinois buck I posted yesterday with it, and it's priced right and has gotten good reviews on various web pages, just upgrade the scope most say. I will shoot his when he gets back . http://www.crosman.com/archery/centerpoint-crossbows/tormentor-whisper-380

Of course I know there are much better cossbows on the market, there are so many, so this winter I have lots of reading to do

I'm not shy about spending the almighty $$$$$ for quality, three crossbows that have caught my attention is the Ravin R9 & R15:  http://ravincrossbows.com/products/crossbows/

and

The Mission Sub-1: https://missioncrossbows.com/crossbows/sub-1/

I know there are many others to look at and I will do just that, I will not limit myself to the ones I mentioned. Not even sure if the itch to buy one will go away during the winter/spring months

I had that itch last year LOL and got a GT Turbo, cross bows are awesome !! Since i hunt on the ground a crossbow helps a lot with being able to sit in blow downs and get shots off without being noticed much.

The ones you posted are priced nicely and look cool , i think the excalibur crossbow would be my next one if i wanted to splurge and get another crossbow. Sorry i can't help more , all i know is my crossbow shoots on point and so does everyone else's i know so i guess you can't go wrong with almost any crossbow.

When your checking them out, make sure you try a Stryker Katana. When i bought mine, it wasn’t even on my list but the salesman suggested i shoot it and i was amazed. They don’t get the press some of them get but, they are a first class Xbow. Though, there are tons of quality xbows out there and i don’t think you can go wrong with many of them. I’ve bought and sold a bunch of them just cuz i wanted to try out many different ones more than just a couple of shots in the store and this Stryker is my keeper. Though they are a great Xbow, I’m not sold on the Ravens yet mainly cuz you have to crank them to cock them and because you must buy their arrows though, given their popularity, I’m sure that will change soon. One last plug on the Stryker Katana. They are one of the few that you can decock without shooting. Made by Bowtech, who also makes/ owns Excalibur. In fact, many parts interchange between Excaliburs and Stryker. Good luck

I love using my compound bow.   But last year, one day winter bow, it was really cold.  I had on some heavy gloves that made shooting my bow difficult.  I ruined a shot on an nice buck.  The next day, I decided to use my daughter's Parker xbow.  It was perfect for those heavy winter gloves and swamp stalking.  I killed a nice deer the next day.  I have decided to use the xbow during the colder months.  No shame in mixing it up.   It's kind of fun.  

"God bless America and the 2nd Amendment!" 

www.NorthJerseyMike.com

UBNJ Member

OLM Knights of Columbus, Kinnelon, NJ

I did what you are doing two years ago. Since I picked up my Hoyt twice.

All I have to say, hunting with crossbow is fun and for me more enjoyable.

I’m using 10 point, very good bow and great company behind their product. But this is all I know since this is my first one.

Physical limitations have me using one. Its an old Horton a friend gave me. Have not killed anything with it yet. Maybe today. As with anything there is a lot to look at in making a choice for one. They say you get what you pay for, but I wonder if there isn't a real diamond in the reasonable aisle.

Joe, good luck if you do get one. It's just another option. I would go with a good company name that stands by their products.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

You want an Excalibur. It's the best in reliable, accurate, quality, and price is not bad, compared to 1500 2000 10 point and Ravin. There is no advantage to a compound x bow. Someone will say an Excalibur is loud. Noise is meaningless. The deer don't react, and bolt hits at 30 to 40 yards at the same time you hear the ping of the shot. I have the matrix 380. People are often selling them at insane low prices on the other site.

Getting The Itch To Purchase a Xbow

Do I have you confused with someone else, or werent you one of the, "crossbows are the source of everything wrong with the world, and if you use one you're worse than Hitler" crowd?

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775