IGNORED

Small Caliber Rifle Ammo for Deer

Nanuk

It’s all in the title, taking boys down to NC in couple weeks , One is shooting a .243 with Hornady Ammo & the other , a 22-250 Barrel (thanx Slayer) attached to a TC . We’ve used Remington 55grain PSP without loosing any game but wanted something with a little more powerful , so there is less of a margin for error. I looked at Hornady 50 grain Varmint Max but , I didn’t how they would be on Deer .

Too much fragmentation.

But, if you like extra copper, and lead in your diet...... Go for it. :up:

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Go to a larger caliber and used managed recoil ammo

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I know you "can" kill deer with something like that, but why would you even want to try?

When I shoot a deer with a gun I want it to die instantly.  35 Remington.  30.06.  30-30.  270.  308.  243 is a little on the light side, but typically adequate.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with any 22-250 load on a deer unless I was taking a headshot.  And I would never take a headshot. 

Also, those loads are so damn light, and deflect very easily.  I'd be wary of any shot that wasn't in a wide open field.  

Just my opinion though, take it for what it is

I know you "can" kill deer with something like that, but why would you even want to try?

When I shoot a deer with a gun I want it to die instantly.  35 Remington.  30.06.  30-30.  270.  308.  243 is a little on the light side, but typically adequate.  I wouldn't feel comfortable with any 22-250 load on a deer unless I was taking a headshot.  And I would never take a headshot. 

Also, those loads are so damn light, and deflect very easily.  I'd be wary of any shot that wasn't in a wide open field.  

Just my opinion though, take it for what it is

22-250 drops them down in place. Great round.