IGNORED

11 point down

Mpdiesel

Over the last 5 years i haven't been able to consistently hunt. I have actually missed 3 of the last 5 seasons due to deployments and I missed part of this season because I was sent to the Caribbean for hurricane relief. But hopefully I will be back soon to catch the second half of permit and waterfowl seasons.

I blame everything on my friend who was looking for a new piece of public land when he decided he wanted to check this spot out. This was the first trail cam pic we got of him in late July and I was obsessed ever since. attachicon.gif1 (12).JPG

Ended up doing more scouting to see if we can narrow down his core area and found a spot that looked promising. One of the first pics that we got on this camera was this one in late August. It was the first time we had him on camera since late July with 5 cameras out. attachicon.gifWGI_0008.JPG

We ended up getting him on 4 of the 5 cameras but never consistently. This was the only camera that we had him on multiple days and the last time was first week of September and then nothing. We figured it was because we stopped putting food out in late August or because they were starting to leave their bachelor groups and he was now hanging out in his core area. But as I found out the day I shot him the way he was moving he was literally 5 feet behind the camera and walked around it. He could have been doing that the entire time and I would have never known. But after putting a liver shot on him and jumping him once, my brother found him around midnight, 6 hours after the shot in mid October only 25 yards from where he was jumped. By far my biggest buck I have ever shot. Of course representing with the Jersey Jays hat which is where this bucks at right now. Can't wait to get it back.

attachicon.gifimage1 (1).jpeg

Nice buck congrats

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Lol as I was reading the post I recognized the story!

Thank you for your service! He will look great once I'm done with him ;)

Congrats again!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I showed you some of the other bucks we have on camera. A little luck and I might be dropping off another later this year.