IGNORED

Heating oil prices.

Livesintrees

I just did a reno so don’t have much info yet on fuel usage yet since it’s completed. I moved here in 2014 it was probably like 200 gallons every 6-8 weeks depending on temps in the winter on an approx 2000 sq/ft ranch. Hoping this will get better post reno.

I’m in Burlington County and have been using Medford Heat & Oil. They have two websites but their Express site is for self service ordering.

Main site:

http://www.medfordheating.com

Express site:

https://www.mhoexpress.com

My last fill price per gallon was $2.249/gal in 03/2017 on 206 gallons.

Here is their current quote that I just got off their site:

IMG_8481.JPG

Hope it helps! Looking forward to other replies too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hackettstown oil.

Pretty tough to beat their prices and delivery service.

Prices vary just like gas .

I remember when i bought my house , cringed when it was above 82 cents a gallon.

Now happy when can get it around 2.25.

Summer time i filled up for 1.87

Currenty its right around 2.30.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I have a 275 gal tank and fill 200 of it every month or so.. about 4x per winter.. I used Hackettstown oil last season- trying ajs fuel now. Was a little cheaper. Check the vbalpak for coupons. I signed up for automatic refill and saved $25. Then every month I can apply a $10 off coupon from the valpak.

Going to burn wood alot this winter to see if it's worth the savings... burning wood ain't cheap either lol. Hard earned physical labor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone care to elaborate how to go about running a wood stove? I assume they can be placed in the basement but how do you go about routing the heat where it needs to be? I would imagine thermostat and a blower through perhaps hvac ducting? Please excuse my ignorance

We don't do anything to direct the heat.  Our stove is in the center of the house and it's set into a large stone fireplace.  The stone stays very warm and keeps the center of the house toasty.  The outlying bedrooms are colder but I like sleeping in a colder room. 

Heat rises, so a stove in the basement may not need any routing.  

When I installed my Supreme duet double-sided fire place insert, in my house I installed it like Rusty did centrally located in the center of the house just about but I have 2 remote ducts that are on thermostats and separate blowers that blow heat up stairs into the bedrooms, also has two separate fans downstairs that blow heat out each side. When I designed the HVAC system for the house I Incorporated the return air ducts to be centralized near the double-sided insert so I can turn my HVAC system on fan only and pull the hot air out of the room and distribute evenly through the house HVAC system

Edited by chum stains