IGNORED

Hunter Harrassment Help

A&N_Hunter

Short version.. we're on a county property that has a residence situated on it. The residence do not have ownership to the property but continually run their 3 dogs loose on the county property. This has been an on-going issue for county rangers. Just last week, my wife nearly fell 16 ft up while climbing her sticks as the dogs were loose and charged her while climbing. Caught her by suprise and she nearly fell off the sticks. Now this morning, we have videos of the dogs literally running deer off the property.

Combine this with 3 months of trail cam pics of the dogs loose, ATV's through the woods and one of the adults from the residence running her barehand through a scrape, plus a written warning from the county rangers and other non-sense from last hunting season, and we are now beyond fed up..

Rangers are making contact again this afternoon, not sure if they are finally filing charges themselves, but we are giving thought to filing ourselves, so I wanted to get someones actual experience with the whole process so I can be as prepared as possible..

Edited by A&N_Hunter

Short story is above.. the rangers have been trying to handle these people in a diplomatic fashion, but according to them, they have been an issue since they moved to the property. They been given many warnings but continue to do what they want.

Edited by A&N_Hunter

If/when you file charges that might be the end of it.  Hunter Harassment is not a civil case, it's a criminal case.  Provide law enforcement with the evidence you have and file a formal complaint.  Since they're already on the radar of law enforcement, your complaint will add weight to what law enforcement can do.

Are the residents renters?  I had an issue with a neighbor who was a renter.  Called the cops (because I was inches from taking matters into my own hands) and filed a complaint.  Then I called the guy's landlord and let him know about it.  I let the landlord know that I had to call the cops and filed a complaint about the renter.  The guy never bothered me again.

Filing a complaint is a good thing.  It puts people on notice that if you persist with your behavior, it's been documented, you've been warned, and there is very little you can do in front of a judge to get any kind of compassion.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

If/when you file charges that might be the end of it.  Hunter Harassment is not a civil case, it's a criminal case.  Provide law enforcement with the evidence you have and file a formal complaint.  Since they're already on the radar of law enforcement, your complaint will add weight to what law enforcement can do.

Are the residents renters?  I had an issue with a neighbor who was a renter.  Called the cops (because I was inches from taking matters into my own hands) and filed a complaint.  Then I called the guy's landlord and let him know about it.  I let the landlord know that I had to call the cops and filed a complaint about the renter.  The guy never bothered me again.

Filing a complaint is a good thing.  It puts people on notice that if you persist with your behavior, it's been documented, you've been warned, and there is very little you can do in front of a judge to get any kind of compassion.

A&N, This above is spot on. File sooner than later and retain all of the videos and document specific instances and dates... HH-You are not only a self-proclaimed nerd (as you say) but an intelligent one, highly versed in NJ law....... :up:  :up: 

Now.......about that brew you are kindly crafting for me.......................

sounds like it may become a dangerous situation for you. they may mess with your vehicles or tree stands. be careful. 

That rarely happens.  And if it does, it's and immediate arrest and incarceration.  Because it is retaliatory and they destroyed property, bail gets set very high.  It's a whole new world of hurt for the perpetrator.

In additional to criminal charges he can then sue for damages in civil court.  So these folks not only get a free trip to jail, but they can lose all of their savings in the process.

And before you tell me that they may cause bodily harm, that is extremely rare.  The majority of people don't want issues with law enforcement, and those that do end up regretting it.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Contact the CO.  I haven't had the level of issue you have this time but I have in the past.  Once the CO is contacted they come to you for an interview if you have physical evidence.  If you can send it to them I would guess it may be over the phone.  This seems like such a slam dunk case and is exactly why that Tonka incident event had a chance to occur.

"Filing a complaint is a good thing.  It puts people on notice that if you persist with your behavior, it's been documented, you've been warned, and there is very little you can do in front of a judge to get any kind of compassion​"

​Filing a complaint MAY be a good thing.. But then again it may not do a dam thing.. U can do all the documenting and reporting all U want too.. Give them a thousand warnings and still come up empty handed after a REAL trial.. 

I have several issues with the OPs alleged HH

1).. An adult running their hands thru a scrape is NOT HH.. Who's to say that scrape belongs to a hunter or anyone else for that matter?.. Maybe she was just investigating, curious, tracking, lost her wedding ring in it and was trying to find it.. Isn't it Public property?.. 

2).. What proof does the OP have that the dogs chased his wife up a tree?.. His wifes sworn testimony?.. :rofl: ...Well, the dogs owner might swear the dogs were in the house at the same time the wifes swears the dogs were on her a$$.. Who is the Judge to believe?.. I'll tell you who he will believe.. NEITHER!!

3).. The OP MAY have photos of the ATV's but, do the photos have an unmistakably recognizable face on them.. if not then whos to say who was driving them?.. Are the photos date and time stamped?.. If not then whos to say exactly when those photos were taken?.

4)..Oh the OP has photos of dogs chasing dear.. Slam dunk right?.. :rofl:  :rofl: .. All dogs chase dear.. how is a natural K9 act equate to HH.. And how can you prove the dogs on your camera are the same dogs owned by the suspect?.. Can u get a DNA sample from a photo?.. :rofl: 

Now I don't want to discourage anyone from filing a complaint if they feel they are being wronged.. I do it all the time.. I just wiped my butt with a doctors head in court last month because he tried to over charge me.. that SCUMBAG!!... But at the same time anyone who goes into a trial thinking they have a "slam dunk" case because they have what they think is rock solid evidence MAY be in for a not so pleasant surprise.. U may make yourself look stupid... Believe it or not, its happened to me a few times..  :cupcoffee: 

:D