IGNORED

Zone 7 giant

I just checked the all time top ten archery non typical category through 2016 and that buck and that score are not there.  Was it entered in the outstanding deer program?

Only stating what was Posted In New Jersey Woods & Waters 2013 maybe a moderator can find it. As far as was it entered don't know. Many don't bother as mine was 16th largest up to1958 and hundreds above it now.  # 1 back then was Fred Space of Space Farms ????

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

06roadking beat me to it, I used to hunt a property on the edge of Dukes estate and every couple of years someone would get a monster like that that wandered out during the rut. Also, the local boys would Jack one every now and then with rifles at night. If the genetics are in the area and there is a protected area like that, its still possible. It's just to bad that after Doris died, thay had that slaughter and Dukes is no longer the place to see monster bucks.

Edited by Jerzguy2

Sorry, that is not Hunting But Paid Killing. Ethics play into shooting a pened up Animal and call it a Trophy.

I also have the same feeling of Mounting a Hatchery Trout. But many do.

I might have missed something. Where did the penned up animal thing enter into conversation about this deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their are a few booners (or close to it) killed every year that don't get mentioned, posted, or shown to anyone other then family or friends. Butcher's and taxidermist (good ones) can be useful for info like this.

You ever go to the garden state deer classics? The "good taxidermists" dont get the record bucks too often.. usually its someone's buddys sisters cousin that they allow destroy their amazing animal... sucks to see so often giant deer get ruined.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You ever go to the garden state deer classics? The "good taxidermists" dont get the record bucks too often.. usually its someone's buddys sisters cousin that they allow destroy their amazing animal... sucks to see so often giant deer get ruined.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:offtopic:   Jay from the photos you post of your work it is Museum Quality nothing less. Last year I made a visit to the deer classic after a long time because it turned into Crap from its former self 80% has nothing to do with Hunting & Fishing. as for the Mounts, the State program displays many are actually Funny to look at. Too many deer go to the lowest Priced Shop. 

Plus when the Federated Sportsman Org. Gave up the Deer Trophy program it turned to Crap when the State and the Circus took over 

It once was Held at a Yearly Dinner the Federation held with the Awards were apart of it. Mine was at The Essex and Sussex Hotel in Asbury It was by invitation and 2 free tickets to the successful qualifying deer of the year.  To now set off in a corner with little notice manned by NJDFAG with no answers to questions. 

As far as Shows go Harrisburg Pa Suffern NY NJ Fly Fishing Show is still interesting.  

Keep up the good work plan to visit you on my Trip down memory lane along the Delaware & Stokes will call first.   :focus:  :up:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I'm thinking that as a typical main frame 8 without the NT points it will go about 160BC.  If you add the NT points it may be just at the 195 minimum. 

I asked because I figured many people were over estimating it. Score is out now and about what I thought: it grossed 176 + and netted 170 as a Non-typical, which means it squeaks into the top 30 for NJ, and that's just the ones in the books. I know of many bigger that were either poached, road kill, or had some technical legal issues, that were bigger. There were two bigger in one year from one county that never made the book, including a 199 NT and a 183 NT, both had "paperwork" problems. Again, not common for that size, but not unheard of either.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

As posted on this site 2013 196 state record Morris County  Not Shabby at all. 

Anyone remember it???

Just rechecked mountain trails site.  Yep, killed at mountain trails.  They even have a trail cam pick of the deer.   I knew that was not a normal Jersey deer.  But I wish there was hole in the fence so some does could get in there and get some real genes in them and then sneak back out.