IGNORED

Items that get the TWO THUMBS up reviews....

nmc02

A lot of my stuff is DIY and/or modified. Most companies don't get stuff "perfect".

That being said, these are items that I like a lot.

TREESTANDS: Lone wolf and XOP stands and sticks. (require a lot of silencing, but extremely well thought out designs for hang and hunt, which is all I do)

BOW HOLDER: Pine ridge strap on bow hook. I remove one hook so its just two hooks (one for bow, one for quiver) and I silence it all real well. Other than that, perfect! (no more screw in holders. half the time they wouldn't screw in and when they did, i forgot them in trees everywhere)

BOW ROPE: big game magna lift - a little bulky, but clipped and zip tied to my harness. Saves the hassle of tangled bow ropes. I tried going back to a regular bow rope for half this season to save weight and I couldnt deal with it. A tangled bow rope just frustrates the hell out of me. I even found a new way to wrap it, which did save many headaches, but after using a magna lift for years, i couldn't deal with the rope. This thing prevents me from climbing a clock tower.

HAT/headlamp: Realtree hat with built in green and white lights (not sure who makes it, but it's at Walmart $17). I don't typically use the lights, but they serve as a backup to my rechargeable headlamp which is zip tied to the hat so I can't lose it. (headlamp gets its own mention) 

HEADLAMP: Bushnell rechargeable headlamp. Questioned it at first, but I love it so far. Having the battery indicator on it is really nice and i just plug it into the usb charger in my truck every evening on the way home from hunting. So it's always fully charged for the next mornings hunt. Never have to worry about running out of battery mid-hike or carrying spare batteries.

CAMO: ASAT 3d leafy suit. Pretty much wear this thing every day, all season. Just a great camo and I can throw it on over anything and instantly be camouflaged. Early season i wear it over underwear, late season I wear it over all kinds of layers. Mines torn to shreds now, but it just adds to the leafy effect. 

WIND DETECTOR: Milkweed - free and easy to see float for a long way. I carry it in a ketone test strip bottle that i drilled out.

CALLS: my voice. free and easy to carry, plus it sounds more real than all the man made calls. True-talker would be my next choice.

WATER: I drink one of those extra small gatorades once in a while....then I use the empty bottle for water. Nice and compact, fits in a pocket easily and with the wrapper removed it's really quiet. Keep it full so it doesnt slosh. On non-hunting days I drink over a gallon of water, like to stay hydrated, so a hunting day can be rough without water. Thats why I try to always have one or two of these stashed in my harness pockets.

TRAIL  MARKERS: I hunt a lot of unfamiliar ground, so getting out in the dark can be challenging. Since I rarely revisit the spots, tacking out a trail is a waste of time. So instead i use hunters specialty limb lights (reflective bread ties) and also have two other types; allen clip on trail reflectors and hss glow clips. If it will be difficult to find my way....Put them up as I go in, take them down as I leave.

PRUNERS: brand doesn't matter to me, but I have to have pruners. Quieter than a saw and allows me to get through thick areas much quieter, also use while setting up my tree, etc. I try not to cut much, but a few snips here and there makes a world of difference.

NOT REALLY ITEMS: I also love to use scoutlook weather to check wind, along with windfinder.com. Wunderground for weather history and forecasts. Not sure how I hunted before caltopo maps, bing birdseye, google earth, lidar, hillmap.com, etc. All of that online mapping makes pre-scouting a lot easier.  NJWW is actually a good little hunting tool itself, I use the tax maps  and other links from this site all the time.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Muck Arctic Pros

Black Horn

Vortex scopes

Leupold Cascade binoculars.

Under Armour Bozeman boots

The IWOM if they made the improvements on the bottom foot part.

Sawyer portable water purifier. Thing saved my ass when I ran out of water out west and I was close to dehydration.

Thompson Pro Hunter is a tack driver.

Hawk hookster 360 is the greatest accessory I have in my tree stand. Thing hooks to everything and holds my bow, bag, quiver or anything else I bring up that's unnecessary and probably irrelevant to my hunting for a few hours in a tree. Hooks to branches or my treestand. It's been a great accessory.

And of course thermacell is the greatest invention of the 21th century

And an empty gatorade bottle is great for a piss jug.[emoji16]

Outdoor Edge knives

Battery operated socks.

Edited by Jerseybassnbow

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE