IGNORED

Fly Fishermen

Beaverkill

Was that me' date=' DBuck? If so, you can PM me here and we can work out a date in spring when fishing is not as tough as it is now. Our specialty is getting newbies all set and gaining much needed confidence so you can catch trout on your own.

Brian

[/quote']

Lol... no it wasn't you

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy flyfishing. I'm not a great flyfisher, but catch a few. I like fishing streamers best.............the easiest for me. I stink at dry fishing. Hands down, the most productive is czech nymphing.............again, not good at it. My favorite river is the AuSable. I have been lucky enough to fish Alaska, Idaho, & Oregon for trout.

I love to fly fish and mostly fish KLG in nj but for me its all about the salmon river.The trout are huge the steelhead fishing is world class and the salmon fishing is good to great.This year the salmon fishing was out of this world.Had 3 months of solid fishing in and a ton of miles on the truck haha

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

I fly fish if you want to call it that. I pretty much tie on a fly and let it drift down small streams. I have no idea what fly to use or why' date='hell I don't even know what the flies names are. No idea when to use a dry or a wet fly,I'm not even sure if I know the difference. However,I've caught fish and it's fun,so it is what it is.There is a guy that is a guide for Shannons that was supposed to take me, but we never end up getting together.

[/quote']

hey welcome to my club I do the same thing lol.sometimes I even catch some trout.:up:

I fly fish both salt and fresh water. Fresh water i prefer trout fishing and fish the pequest, ken lockwood, Manasquan river and toms river. Will also target bass, pickerel and sunnies in the summer on some local lakes. My fly fishing passion is saltwater I target bass, blues, weekies, albies and small tuna. in the early spring I'll be in the bay or Manasquan river and later spring, and fall I'll start hitting the beaches. Usually fishing clousers and half n halves sometimes surf candies.

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

I used to a fly fish for trout a ton years ago, all around NJ (Musky, Pequest, South Branch, KLG, etc) and parts of PA near my parents house (Lehigh, Little Lehigh, Little Schuylkill, Tulpehocken, etc). I did mostly nymphing and dry fly fishing depending on the time of year, and occasionally some streamers when I wanted to cover water.

I think what I enjoyed most about it was figuring out the day's or even hour's puzzle...whether it was narrowing down on tippet size when fishing the Little Lehigh with a size 20 BWO to finally get them to take, or picking away at trout all day on the Musky until the final hour of light when a sulfur hatch came off and the top water action exploded and with a quick fly change had a fish on almost every cast, or scooping a caddis off the water film on the Little Schuylkill one spring morning to match the body color and size then switching over and hooking up on an Elk Hair Caddis dry for the entire morning. Lots of memorable days, but those are ones that come to mind! Hell I can even remember the very first trout I caught on a flyrod, I was fishing the Little Schuylkill on my college break one March and nymphing with a black stonefly...after months of reading, learning to cast, watching videos...it all culminated into that first day on the water and my first fish...awesome! :up: