IGNORED

Thats alot of work!! Jerky

Lunatic

Lunatic, that batch marinating looks delicious. Are you using a dehydrator or the kitchen oven? How long do you dry out the 5 lbs. of jerky? I just bought a 10 tray dehydrator from Cabela's and can't wait to fire it up once I shoot a nice fat doe.

I did it before in my smoker before but I just bought a dehydrator, only 4 tray. I am not sure yet how much I can fit on 4 trays and how long will it take. I have a feeling it will be more than one batch. I  like my jerky somewhat soft, not extremely dry, so I will have to watch and time the first batch. Now I wonder how long it will take?

Hopefully it turns out better than that experimental Mesquite smoker jerky I sent you. The dehydrator is my choice for making jerky. If you are buying a dehydrator to make jerky don't cheap out, a good one is well worth the money.

22553190_10210811530350553_7579246294512

Edited by rocky

Hopefully it turns out better than that experimental Mesquite smoker jerky I sent you. The dehydrator is my choice for making jerky. If you are buying a dehydrator to make jerky don't cheap out, a good one is well worth the money.

Rocky about how long does it take in dehydrator, I am trying to gauge time so I don't have to sit home and keep on checking for the duration.

Rocky about how long does it take in dehydrator, I am trying to gauge time so I don't have to sit home and keep on checking for the duration.

It all depends on the dehydrator. Like I said earlier a cheap one can take up to 12 hours or more. I have two large Garden masters with extra trays and I can do a batch in 4-6 hours depending on the thickness of the meat cut. 

white-nesco-dehydrators-fd-1018a-64_1000