IGNORED

coyotes are out of hand!!

mazzgolf

I wonder how many guys/gals have an opportunity on them but don't take the shot because they don't want to ruin their hunt? I will never pass an opportunity to take one if they come in, though I haven't had many opportunities.

When I was younger and a new hunter I used to think that not knowing the hunt was ruined either way. I should of shot everyone one of them. When I decided to start shooting them I have not had the opportunity go figure.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I'm lowering a small lake in Lebanon Twp. (Hunterdon) on a church camp and the deer bones and coyote tracks are everywhere. Plus they have been digging up and eating all the turtle eggs in the sand by the former beach. Usually that's raccoons doing that, but the tracks don't lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No joke, I almost ran one in that pack over last night driving back roads to my parent's house. Missed him by a couple feet. U can almost always hear those yotes from my parent's house at night or early in the morning. Btw, they harvested the bean fields back in there the last 2 days. Saw well over 100 deer the first night picking up the scraps while they were still working.

Poisoning is out of the question. One method is a Bounty like they had on other preditors ( BOUNTY ) put a $25. bounty on them like they did with Fox You Cut right ear off and send it in to collect.  Or wait till a Rabbie Epidemic sets in to admit the mistake they made.

NJDFAG is one of the worst Managers of our Natural Resources compared to the majority of most states. They have ruined many areas of Hunting and Fishing for self-gratification $$$$$$$$$$$ Not opportunities. Politics has taken over.  

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

The dog DNA must be strong in the yotes by us on Sparta Mountain.  I was out with our dog this morning and up on the ridge above the house a dog starts barking.  Not coyote yipping but straight up barking.  I'm standing there in the dark wondering whose dog is up here, then a yote starts the typical yipping along with the barker, then several others start yipping and barking.  They were all together, casually working their way along the ridge, and the one definitely sounded more like Fido than Wiley.    

We have them on our lease in Burlington county, they suck. They pack up and push the deer so hard trying to cut out the fawns to kill and eat. I'm sure people have lost their pets to them around there cats and small dogs are no match. The problem with hunting them there is they get up next to the houses of the neighbors and you cant hunt them effectively.

Edited by Gruntinbuck

Not sure where it was hit, I just stopped and took a pic on my way to work. He was prob pushing 60lbs or more judging from my own dog's size...

There are most likely zero 60 pound coyotes in NJ. Very, very few if any 50 pounds as well. Coyotes are the most overestimated animals in the woods as far as size. Part of the problem is their elusiveness, the density of the fur and most people overestimate as the norm. A 40 pound coyote is very large dog. Skin a few of them and you will know how big a 30 plus pound wild K9 is.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

This piece of private property where I hear the yote pack has some public land surrounding it. I recently found out that a couple guys are hunting pretty close on the public side (ran into their camera, feeder, and stands). On Saturday, I actually bumped into them and we had a good discussion about the yotes. They told me they see more yotes than they do deer. But the real troubling thing they told me was one day they saw a yote with a small terrier type dog in its mouth. Think about how close it must have been able to get to homes such that it was able to grab someone's pocketbook dog.

There are most likely zero 60 pound coyotes in NJ. Very, very few if any 50 pounds as well. Coyotes are the most overestimated animals in the woods as far as size. Part of the problem is their elusiveness, the density of the fur and most people overestimate as the norm. A 40 pound coyote is very large dog. Skin a few of them and you will know how big a 30 plus pound wild K9 is.

Interesting that you say that when the PA game commission confirms that they have weighed coyotes up to 55 lbs.  NJ has confirmed kills up to 46 lbs.