IGNORED

coyotes are out of hand!!

mazzgolf

They call that "selling green" IIRC. Selling the whole carcass. Last I researched this, I found two that buy green (this is South Jersey only, didn't research up north) - I don't know if they still buy green, you'd have to ask. One is Newt (snareone) and the other is T Zander & Sons in Deptford.

Don't expect to get much - I figure $5 maybe?

Selling green is after the animal is skinned and the pelt isn't fleshed, dried or stretched. Selling whole is called selling in the round without skinning. You can't leave the pelt on a K9 for very long without skinning or freezing right away. They rot in the belly quick and it effects the pelt. If you can't skin or freeze it whole soon after harvesting, I wouldn't recommend trying to sell it that way. Find someone who can skin it for you. Then roll it up fur side out and put it in the freezer. 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Heard rumors of Coyotes in my area.  But not a rumor that The Turkeys in flocks of 4-12 have all but disappeared since Spring. 

The Deer that traveled through my backyard 1 to 5 at a time has dwindled down to an occasional single or pair.

The Woodchucks are a rare site when I had a family under my shed every year to have not seen them anymore.

Had a few feral cats hanging around my yard but they disappeared. 

Had a fox this spring in and on my deck have not seen it again.

Had a Rabbit Family under my deck for many years have not seen them for a Month. Even the Chipmunks are gone.

I have a Solar Powered Digital spotlight with a Motion detector that goes on now and then suspects a deer. 

I see no Coyote sign anywhere in the yard but come to Snow I see some.  

Have to get a Trail cam to find out what is recommended for this purpose.  

Well I know for a fact they are in NWS Earle and in Dorbrook park and have been seen as far west as the Marlboro soccer complex. 

They call that "selling green" IIRC. Selling the whole carcass. Last I researched this, I found two that buy green (this is South Jersey only, didn't research up north) - I don't know if they still buy green, you'd have to ask. One is Newt (snareone) and the other is T Zander & Sons in Deptford.

Don't expect to get much - I figure $5 maybe?

I wouldn't be doing it for the money, just to ecologically help out as I believe they're clearly overpopulated at this point.  But morally I refuse to kill any animal with no "use", so I need to find a place that will take them for me if I'm going to shoot them. 

Either that or I need to learn how to skin a coyote I guess.  Dont know if it's much different than skinning a whitetail, but given fur preservation is the goal, my guess is the answer is "yes".

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

You don’t have to kill a coyote to report it. Just call the number in the compendium and report it.and it’s location.

The State biologist want the info. Andrew Burnett has been working with the NJ predator hunters Assoc. to bring to light all the info needed to bring about change to predator hunting regs.

You don’t have to kill a coyote to report it. Just call the number in the compendium and report it.and it’s location.

The State biologist want the info. Andrew Burnett has been working with the NJ predator hunters Assoc. to bring to light all the info needed to bring about change to predator hunting regs.

Do you know if they want us to call it in if we just hear them? I mean, its pretty obvious there is a pack living where I hunt, and it isn't a small 3-4 yote pack either.

Last two years we have more of them on the farm than ever before. Shot deer left overnight to sit is usually eaten by AM. This is war:-) I will concentrate on predator hunting during the rifle season January/Match. I know this isn't easy but me and my 22-250 will give it an honest try this year.

Last two years we have more of them on the farm than ever before. Shot deer left overnight to sit is usually eaten by AM. This is war:-) I will concentrate on predator hunting during the rifle season January/Match. I know this isn't easy but me and my 22-250 will give it an honest try this year.

Predator group meeting

Oct. 21 2-7pm. Assunpink wma

Ted Borz looking for Northern group membership, as central and southern groups are already formed...

NJFW reps present

@facebook :

NJ Predator Hunters

@NJgamecontrol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do you know if they want us to call it in if we just hear them? I mean, its pretty obvious there is a pack living where I hunt, and it isn't a small 3-4 yote pack either.

The Division knows coyotes have overtaken the state in many areas and that they continue to spread.  But unlike black bears and deer, controlling coyote numbers by sport hunting is largely ineffective.  Yet we do it knowing every yote taken out means less predation on the small and big game animals we love to hunt, not to mention it probably saves many pet cats and dogs living in the area.  It took random poisoning in the past to eradicate wolves and coyotes, and those days are long, long gone.  Shoot on site, but don't expect hunters to do enough to control their numbers.  I hear them hunting most every deer hunt I do in Sparta early or late, yet I nearly never see them except at night on a trail camera.