IGNORED

Accidents happen. So I was told

DBuck

Went and walked a piece of state land that I hunt. There was a truck parked on the bottom piece of the property, which usually means they are hunting the bottom part. So I go  park in the other parking area, walk in and up the hill. About 3/4s of the way up the property I come across the hunter, I waved to him and turned around to leave. he yells to me "WTF are you doing" I just said that I was looking around to see what kind of new deer sign there was and that I was sorry, I figured you were hunting down below since that's where you are parked. his response was "well you almost got shot" I asked him, what do you mean I almost got shot? I thought for sure you were a deer until I saw you in the scope. So I stared at him for a few seconds and said. you mean you had your crossbow pointing at me without even knowing if I was a deer or not? he said yup, that's how you almost got shot. so I told him  if that's true then he doesn't even belong in the woods. I turned to leave and he said to me. I better not see you here again, I laughed  and told him that there's a pretty good chance he will, because I'll be hunting here eventually. That's when he said to me, " accidents happen, remember that" I got a ways away him (out of shooting sight) and yelled back to him, "I will be taking a picture of your truck and license plate and sending it to a trooper friend of mine, along with a text of our conversation, this way if he ever "accidentally" shoots anyone then it will be on record" All I heard was " F++K YOU.STAY AWAY FROM MY TRUCK"  I really need to find some private land to hunt. 

I get that he got pissed you walked up on him while he is hunting, but that is not a reason to threaten someone's life, even if it was all talk...typical doosh!!

Edited by 3 Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Went and walked a piece of state land that I hunt. There was a truck parked on the bottom piece of the property, which usually means they are hunting the bottom part. So I go  park in the other parking area, walk in and up the hill. About 3/4s of the way up the property I come across the hunter, I waved to him and turned around to leave. he yells to me "WTF are you doing" I just said that I was looking around to see what kind of new deer sign there was and that I was sorry, I figured you were hunting down below since that's where you are parked. his response was "well you almost got shot" I asked him, what do you mean I almost got shot? I thought for sure you were a deer until I saw you in the scope. So I stared at him for a few seconds and said. you mean you had your crossbow pointing at me without even knowing if I was a deer or not? he said yup, that's how you almost got shot. so I told him  if that's true then he doesn't even belong in the woods. I turned to leave and he said to me. I better not see you here again, I laughed  and told him that there's a pretty good chance he will, because I'll be hunting here eventually. That's when he said to me, " accidents happen, remember that" I got a ways away him (out of shooting sight) and yelled back to him, "I will be taking a picture of your truck and license plate and sending it to a trooper friend of mine, along with a text of our conversation, this way if he ever "accidentally" shoots anyone then it will be on record" All I heard was " F++K YOU.STAY AWAY FROM MY TRUCK"  I really need to find some private land to hunt. 

Jesus.  What is wrong with people!  It's just hunting.  FOR FUN.  I am 47 years old.  I can tell a person from a deer w/o the aid of a scope at 100's of yards...maybe more.  

It's scary dealing with people like that though.  

I think if you recorded on your cell him saying he aimed a loaded CB at you he could be is some trouble,

People are nuts and because they are nuts I would not scout during hunting season or at least not AM or PM. Next thing you know you have some ahole fling an arrow in your direction.

Edited by Lunatic

I would report this to f&w. Would have been the first thing I did when I got out there.

Amen.

This is WAY too scary not to report. 

For all he knows, this guy may well already have a report or reports about him in the system over the years.   And if not, THIS will be the first so that if he ever does do something later this year or 3 years from now, he cant skate by having no prior incidents on file.  By not reporting something this psycho, you're honestly part of the problem.

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Even when you think there is no reason to record a interaction you should be ready to. If that person said what you claimed he did it would be great to post a pic of his face and video of him doing so.

I had a trespasser who kept returning even after I caught him. Once I confronted him with a camera rolling he never returned.