• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

PROPOSAL: NJ bow hunting to move BACK to 450 feet, force you to notify all neighbors by certified mail

129 replies to this topic

#41 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 09:49 PM

police our own..            

... I'll join you when the "responsible dog owners association" and their libtard hierarchy start policing their own... until then......

• Agree x 2
  • List

:D

#42 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 09:57 PM

Being a dog owner makes you a liberal ? Or is it liberals who let their dogs run off lead ?

#43 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:06 PM

what does " during the hunting season " mean ?

I think it's pretty obvious.

If you know there's likely to be people in the woods hunting given it is.......duh.... hunting season, you should be responsible with your pet.

it was dark is no excuse ..

Nobody said it was.   But if you start reading for comprehension, that was in the same post where I said moron Joey Juice likely didn't intentionally kill a dog, that it's likely he really did think it was a coyote.  Because he's a moron Joey Juice from the city.

Edited by BenedictGomez, 10/12/17 - 10:07 PM.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#44 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:07 PM

Being a dog owner makes you a liberal ? Or is it liberals who let their dogs run off lead ?

No, its liberals who blame everybody else for their own stupidity, negligence or irresponsibility.. I'm not criticizing the dog owner for letting their dog roam around freely.. I did it myself despite the rash of law enforcement activity I had to contend with as a result OF >>MY<< ACTIONS.. But to say they bear no responsibility is, as U would put it,  completely asinine.

• Agree x 2
  • List

:D

#45 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:08 PM

A hunting dog that is trained is a far different animal from a house dog that doesn't come when called, there are leash laws for a reason, in a neighborhood where kids are, a130 pound husky off leash is irresponsible and potentially dangerous, period end of debate, the simple fact remains irrefutable, had the owners had control over the animal, it would not have been shot in the first place. Fact. I still hold the asshat who shot it as being irresponsible as well, and if he can't I.D. What he's shooting at he shouldn't be allowed to hunt.

Edited by GhostBear, 10/12/17 - 10:09 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#46 Male OFFLINE   mfried

mfried

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:11 PM

Do that many guys hunt that close to other ppls houses? I go into the woods.

#47 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:14 PM

I hunt state land, and one friends backyard on occasion, when I'm there I'm on the ground in a blind about 50 feet or so from the back porch! But I am facing the woodsLol
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#48 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:21 PM

I hunt state land, and one friends backyard on occasion, when I'm there I'm on the ground in a blind about 50 feet or so from the back porch! But I am facing the woodsLol

hope its elevated ..

"""""""The owner or lessee of a building-and persons specifically authorized by the owner or lessee in writing (written permission must be in possession while hunting)-may hunt within 150 feet of the building. Persons authorized to hunt within 150 feet of a building must hunt from an elevated position to shoot down toward the ground.""""""""""""""

Edited by Rdfhunter, 10/12/17 - 10:26 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

#49 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:24 PM

No, its liberals who blame everybody else for their own stupidity, negligence or irresponsibility..

Exactly.

Do that many guys hunt that close to other ppls houses? I go into the woods

Even if you have 300 acres, if there's a great spot that happens to have a house near the border, this would effect that.

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

#50 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:25 PM

Yet you guys are blaming the dog owner instead of the guy who pulled back the bow and let the arrow fly

#51 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:29 PM

Yet you guys are blaming the dog owner instead of the guy who pulled back the bow and let the arrow fly

No matter how many times you keep saying that, nobody here IS saying that.     They're BOTH responsible for negligence to some extent.  Obviously the shooter made a major mistake and bears most the blame, but the dog owner was irresponsible as well.

• Like x 2
  • List

#52 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:31 PM

And anyone here who thinks this stops with archery and 150' to 450' doesn't understand New Jersey anti-hunting, animal-rights, extremists.

After this passes, they'll move to make the firearm from 450' to 600' or worse.

#53 Male ONLINE   Tbryant

Tbryant

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:36 PM

Actually it was shot with a cross gun. On another note, are the rumors true of a horse being shot? 

#54 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:38 PM

The horse was in Australia...

#55 OFFLINE   Rdfhunter

Rdfhunter

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:40 PM

And anyone here who thinks this stops with archery and 150' to 450' doesn't understand New Jersey anti-hunting, animal-rights, extremists.

After this passes, they'll move to make the firearm from 450' to 600' or worse.

doesn't help when ppl , like yourself , aren't following the safety zones laws we have already .
  • Dislike x 1
  • List

#56 Male ONLINE   Tbryant

Tbryant

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:41 PM

The horse was in Australia...

That’s why I said rumors. Didn’t think NJ could possibly stoop that low

#57 Male ONLINE   Livesintrees

Livesintrees

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:51 PM

doesn't help when ppl , like yourself , aren't following the safety zones laws we have already .

And how exactly is he not following the rules?

Your posts make a few things clear.....

1. You don’t leash your dog and your part of the problem. And don’t get it.
2. You read something but don’t really read it.
3. Common sense isn’t that common anymore.
  • Agree x 4
  • Like x 1
  • List

#58 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:53 PM

Huh? :lookaround:

#59 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:54 PM

Your posts make a few things clear.....

1. You don’t leash your dog and your part of the problem. And don’t get it.
2. You read something but don’t really read it.
3. Common sense isn’t that common anymore.

4. He wants to troll

#60 Male OFFLINE   BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 10/12/17 - 10:58 PM

Rdfhunter has done his best to hijack this thread and turn it into some odd discussion about the moron who shot the dog.

THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS.

This thread is about awareness that liberals are coming out against hunting in full force.  Lesniak is the same guy who's for banning bear hunting, and now he's going to try to restrict archery hunting in New Jersey as much as possible by using this dog's death as a red herring.  

PLEASE LET EVERY HUNTER YOU KNOW KNOW ABOUT THIS, AS THIS IS NOW A NEW JERSEY STATE ISSUE.   If this passes, they go after guns next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users