Heres my take on the low numbers.Definitely lots of natural food competing with the baits this year. Also, Lots of hunters have successfully hunted bears the last few years. Lots of them now have a rug or mount and are happy with that. For whatever reason hunting bears is one of the hunts that guys are like, glad I did it but have no desire to do it again. It turns out to be extremely time consuming and costly as well for alot of folks. And if thats not enough, you have the drag at the end of it.,lol. Also, I personally know a few guys who hate the no stand within 100 yds rule and that alone was enough for them to not hunt after the one season. They just didnt find it enjoyable on the ground and the rule rubs a couple of my friends the wrong way so much that they wont hunt unless its changed. Im sure if you compound these reasons , the answer lies in there somewhere.
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
- Enter contests and win prizes
- Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
- Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
- Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
- Participate in live chat
- Send personal messages to other members.
- Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
20 replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users