IGNORED

Arrowed the buck after 2 years can't find him

Mr.wiska

No BS my father shot a buck it its side of chest at Oxford with 00 Buck Mag 35 yards + or - a few it ran in circles for some time before droping some 100 yqrds away. Now the strange part its right shoulder was hairless with a yellow waxy substance over it when we skinned it at home we found a arrow head in its back with tissue groth around itthat missed its spine.it also had  had from Bird Shot to #2 buck just inside it hide. Plus 5 of the 00 buck all in vitals all wonds were old. NJDFAG recomened we do not eat the meat had a bad odor. 

My point that deer is still alive.  Its derialin will pump it up.   

Dam spell checked stopeed working  :down:

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Just a coincidence but my buddy shot a decent sized 8 a few weeks ago. He most likely hit the shoulder from what he could tell. Arrow was broken, missing ~3". We followed small bright red blood drops for a few hundred yards after letting him sit for a while. Trail ran dry. Kept looking but nothing.. Never saw the deer again and we had him on camera at least a few times /week before this. Fast forward to this morning's cam check in the rain and he's back looking healthy as of Friday night...

Moral of the story.... Don't give up looking for him, you owe it to the deer, but don't assume he's dead either!

Actually The reason i went to cut on contact rather than a chizale tip was due to hitting 2 bucks back to back days in the scalpula and not getting through it. With 60 lbs and a 420 grain arrow weight and Coc broad head I was able to get through one bit not the other scalpula. Now as stated above I'm at 72lbs and 520 grain total arrow weight I can punch both and get pass through if needed. Since switching to this I have only lost one deer due to hi hit. Just what has worked for my self

This post is confusing on more levels than I can quantify. Suffice to say if the deer was not found after arrowing it 2 years ago - it's getting a bit late for tracking dogs..... just my two cents

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

That sucks! I'm curious though. Did you ever find that buck you lost last year http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254802

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk[/quote

Yea here you go

Help me out here because I'm I bit confused. I guess I can be a little slow at times. Your saying this the buck you hit and lost last year. Yet the in thread you posted on njh you said your buddy shot that deer. http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255010

Capture+_2017-10-09-07-24-19.pngCapture+_2017-10-09-07-24-40.pngCapture+_2017-10-09-07-25-17.png

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Edited by bill43