IGNORED

Muzzy squirrel hunt yesterday. (Pix)

GhostBear

Well? We had the Muzzy squirrel hunt yesterday, it was just three of us, I was just a tag along with an iPad for pix! Lol we went up to Flattbrook to a spot I normally hunt from time to time, got to meet two great guys, Steve ( 51smd ) and Pete ( Droptine 26 ), we all go together and started hunting around 8:30-9am, there was a lot of fog when we got there, so it started out slow, we heard a few barking in the trees here and there and we even got snorted by a deer! Lol, but it wasn't long before we got into the squirrels, I spotted two on the ground and the guys tried to set up on them but they wouldn't stop moving so no shot opportunity, we got on a few more, 51smd took a shot on one but missed, then Droptine 26 and I saw one up on tree top, but as he set up for the shot it ducked out of site! We tried another spot with no luck, then broke for lunch.

We came back to the first spot, and after a bit of a wait, we had on bouncing down a log, Droptine 26 took a shot at it and gave him a hair cut, just missing. Later as we moved up the ridge we caught sight of a black squirrel, but it gave us the slip, then shortly after as they moved through some thicker cover I was walking around as I don't need to trip and fall anytime soon I hear a shot come from the woods!

51smd nails one! It falls and runs but stops on the side of a dead tree where a second shot puts it down for good, we see a few more but no more shots, we end the day at 6pm, even though I did not hunt I had a great time! I really like those small bore muzzies!

Here's are a few pix.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Wow what a great day it was. Paul and Peter met up and then we all traveled to flat brook. I think we started hunting around 930 10 o'clock. That area was totally socked in by fog. Paul go to this down to a great spot where we ran into a few squirrels right away. But the squirrels weren't the FAT lazy corny eating squirrels I had hunted in the past, no sir they were combat veterans. They knew the meaning of the old saying the quick and the dead. And they were quick I think I chased one squirrel up to High Point. We saw and she used others during the morning hunt and I actually took a shot at one but missed. Around 2 o'clock we broke for lunch and returned to hunting around 3:15. After we settled in to our first afternoon spot Pete was able to take about a 65 to 70 yard shot on one squirrel. Pete has a very rare and unique .32 caliber squirrel killer. The squirrel did survive the encounter but now has a new haircut see picture below. Second picture is of where the round struck the tree. We got to see about 1 million chipmunks a few red squirrels couple grays and one black squirrel in the afternoon hunt who was faster than we were. Towards the end of the day in the area where I took my shot during the morning hunt. We were able to catch one gray in the swamp before he could get back to the Thick hardwoods. Wine he has it traded for a second in one of the treetops I was able to get a shot on him. He hit the ground with a thud in a few seconds he was up and moving again a few moments later Pete was as able to finish him off with a very accurate shot from his rifle. It was a day full of stories, laughs and a lot of walking. Was a great time. It was nice to meet you Paul a pleasure as always good luck with your recovery and thanks for all the help. Steve

image.jpeg

image.jpeg