• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

TS Penn, God Bless Tracy!!!

32 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   rossbowhunter

rossbowhunter

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 07:46 AM

I dont how many of you knew Tracy from the other site, and I dont know the full story, but from what I am reading is that he is on life support at Robert Wood Johnson and they are taking him off of life support today. RIP Tracy Penn.

Here is the article.

http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf/2013/04/montgomery_motorcycle_driver_i.html#incart_river_default

[BowhunterNJ]

Here is the site announcement, which includes the donation link:

http://www.njwoodsan...-donation-site/

Paul M. Ross

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

#2 OFFLINE   Cousin Brown

Cousin Brown

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 08:04 AM

Very tragic news. One of the most helpful individuals ever. God Bless Tracy.

Here is a link for donations to his family.

http://www.gofundme.com/2ojjd0
Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

#3 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 09:26 AM

Oh wow, that is absolutely tragic!  He was very active on the other site, I can remember reading many of his posts when I was on there.  RIP Tracy, and my condolences to his friends and family! :(

#4 Male ONLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 02:12 PM

very sad, prayers sent to his family, and may he RIP

#5 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 05:18 PM

So tragic. Never had the pleasure of meeting Tracy, but it was easy to tell he was a great guy from email conversations and online interactions. Gone way too soon. I will miss the enthusiasm and energy he always shared for life and the outdoors. A tragedy like this, is a stark reminder that life is so very fragile and that we need to cherish every second we have here. May God grant Tracys family and friends strength, peace and be the guiding light through the darkness. May they take comfort in knowing he has been called home by our Heavenly Father and that his journey only ends on this level.  Rest in peace Tracy. 

Edited by Matty, 04/23/13 - 05:18 PM.

• Like x 1
  • List

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#6 Male OFFLINE   TDaly25

TDaly25

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 05:40 PM

Such a horrible tragedy.  God bless him and his family  :(

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

#7 Male OFFLINE   RifledSlug

RifledSlug

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 09:12 PM

He is still on life support and will be until his wife makes a decision. She is waiting for his best friend to arrive from out of town which will be tomorrow and then she will have to decide on the inevitable as his prognosis can't get any more bleak.

He has said it to me more than once so I know that he is sincerely thankful that the internet hunting forums and friends he has made through them has totally enlightened and enhanced his experiences in the deer woods. He only started bow hunting in his 40's but was hooked from day one and that was what I enjoyed about hunting with him, the unbridled and perpetual enthusiasm he always had for bow hunting that some more seasoned hunters, like I, sometimes forget to take with us into the woods. 

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.
YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

#8 OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

7 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04/23/13 - 09:29 PM

Tracy is one of those rare individuals who I was honored in knowing. Never a bad word for anyone and always there for people. Prayers for him, his family and friends..

#9 Female OFFLINE   kmtpr

kmtpr

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 02:21 PM

Very tragic and sad story. ;( Prayers sent

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

#10 Male OFFLINE   Gruntmaster

Gruntmaster

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 03:28 PM

Very Sad news...

God Rest his soul.

NRA Life Member
"From My Cold Dead Hands"                          I'm all for Gun Control...I use both Hands.

#11 Male OFFLINE   CMCH BUCKHUNTER

CMCH BUCKHUNTER

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:02 PM

MONTGOMERY — A motorcyclist who was hospitalized Sunday after a crash that shut down Route 206 for two hours has died from injuries sustained in the accident, authorities said.

Tracy S. Penn of the Belle Mead section of Montgomery died Wednesday at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital from injuries sustained in a Sunday crash at Route 206 near Griggstown Road, according to Lt. James Curry of the Montgomery Police. He was 52.

Penn was driving southbound of Route 206 on a 1979 Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycle when he lost control and crashed, Curry said.

A witness said Penn was approaching a line of vehicles stopping for the traffic signal at Griggstown Road when he skidded and lost control of the motorcycle, Curry said. No other vehicles were involved in the crash, Curry said.

Penn was treated at the scene by Montgomery EMS and the Somerset Medical Center Mobile Intensive Care Unit before being airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick where he was listed in critical condition at the time, Curry said.
Posted Image
Last week we spent three hours talking about 50 shades of grey. Me, I like charcoal grey. But Martin, he likes slate grey

#12 Male OFFLINE   CMCH BUCKHUNTER

CMCH BUCKHUNTER

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:10 PM

MONTGOMERY — A motorcyclist who was hospitalized Sunday after a crash that shut down Route 206 for two hours has died from injuries sustained in the accident, authorities said.

Tracy S. Penn of the Belle Mead section of Montgomery died Wednesday at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital from injuries sustained in a Sunday crash at Route 206 near Griggstown Road, according to Lt. James Curry of the Montgomery Police. He was 52.

Penn was driving southbound of Route 206 on a 1979 Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycle when he lost control and crashed, Curry said.

A witness said Penn was approaching a line of vehicles stopping for the traffic signal at Griggstown Road when he skidded and lost control of the motorcycle, Curry said. No other vehicles were involved in the crash, Curry said.

Penn was treated at the scene by Montgomery EMS and the Somerset Medical Center Mobile Intensive Care Unit before being airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick where he was listed in critical condition at the time, Curry said.
Posted Image
Last week we spent three hours talking about 50 shades of grey. Me, I like charcoal grey. But Martin, he likes slate grey

#13 Male ONLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:14 PM

very sad......may he RIP, and GOD look over his family !!!!

#14 Male OFFLINE   RifledSlug

RifledSlug

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for posting CMCH. When I talked to his wife earlier, he was still with us but have not heard from her since lunch time. Can't express how sad I have been with this and how much my heart truly breaks for his wife and daughter. The woods will miss an ever learning student of bow hunting.

Rest in peace my brother.

• Like x 1
  • List
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.
YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

#15 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,231 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:55 PM

RIP Tracy, absolutely tragic.

#16 OFFLINE   Cousin Brown

Cousin Brown

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 04:58 PM

RIP Tracy.  You will be missed.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

#17 Male OFFLINE   gobblergetter

gobblergetter

6 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 05:35 PM

Sad News

foxwalk.gif

<- <- <- <- ~ <- <- <- <-

#18 Male OFFLINE   nycredneck

nycredneck

3 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 05:49 PM

RIP TRACY.

Very sad news, a good man always willing to help others. He will be missed.

Bowtech Commander... Elite Pure...
Bow only, deer hunter.

#19 OFFLINE   runum n gunum

runum n gunum

8 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04/24/13 - 05:50 PM

Very sad news

#20 OFFLINE   Cransiear

Cransiear

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04/26/13 - 06:32 AM

Wow!!! A Great loss to all of us. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God bless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users