IGNORED

Awesome morning at the navy pier..

Tailchaser john and myself headed down to fish the pier this morning. we left my house at 415, got to the tacklebox picked up our clams and were at Earle by 615..get to security and they inform us the pier is not open due to the lingering storms..they said the pier should be open within an hour or so.. ok no biggie we head down to the highlands to have a coffee and BS.. Me being the patient guy that I am called the number that security gave me to call to check when the pier would be open, twice in a half hour... fifteen minutes later I made John call..and we were in.. the pier was open...Get there.. I get my bait in the water a little after 7 john was soon to follow..and from then on it was lock and load striper fishing.. lots of picky bites, tons of short fish, and our 5 fish limit by 945...John had a bonus tag.we played catch and release with more shorts and probally another limit of keepers. John had the big fish of the day just shy of 18 lbs, and as an added bonus I caught my first ever drum... it was an awesome day with a good pal. lots of laughs and lots of fish..I know all the days cant be this good but I am hooked on fishing the navy pier..

fish pics 2013.jpg

drum.jpg

What a fun morning and a great start to my salt water season.We had to deal with constent gail force winds all day but like Scrubby said it was game on from the time the first bait hit the water.The bite was easy as long as you were willing to actually fish.Some hits were so subtle that if you weren't holding your pole you would miss it. As usual Scrubbs put the first one in the box but after I got my shit together we quickly limited out.Then it was catch and release (to the dismay of others on the pier) with bass up to 15 lbs for the next two hours until we packed up and left them biting

It was cool to actually get on this pier after so many years of observing it from far away. A big thanks to Scrubby for inviting me to go. As always it was a great trip. :up: