IGNORED

After a rough start, I finally got a doe

jerseybowhunter

Been a rough few days for me, opening morning started off by a doe coming out at first legal shooting light then being spooked off my my neighbor walking down the trail before I could make out if it was a doe, that evening I went to another spot and had 2 fawns out early, heard more deer coming out when some guy comes crashing through the woods and walks right under me "mushroom hunting." the next few sits I saw deer but they didn't come close enough. This evening I went behind the house which has a little gravel pit that the neighborhood kids ride at, got in early and had a kid come ripping around the pit. Thinking my night was done, not as soon as he left I see deer movement. Had 2 does and 2 fawns come in. Shot the bigger doe and made one of the best shots on a deer I ever made. The Grim Reaper Whitetail special made a complete pass through at 25yds. She made it 60yds dumping blood the entire time before piling up. Now I can go after 1 of the 2 bucks I have on cam almost everyday. It's tough hunting new zones and I'm not used to all the people and quads messing my hunts up, I can't wait till my usual zone opens up

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4409.JPG

Congrats!  Glad it worked out in the end.  Always stick around of something human comes tromping through the forest.  Deer can and will remain bedded only to emerge after the noise is gone to relocate.  Staying put made your hunt work out!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.