IGNORED

Battery Powered Chainsaws?

Mink

I've been doing a lot of cutting on my property with a Stihl MS 290 and while the saw is doing it's job it's very heavy! Are the battery powered saws any good ? Do any of you guys use them? Thanks!

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

I love my Stihl saw be smart and once it feels heavy stop using it for a bit. My dad didn't do that and was overtired from the saw. Thank god he had his protective pants on because they saved his leg. He went to step over a log while carrying the saw and the blade was moving. The saw choked out once the Kevlar pants got fired up in the chain

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

Battery tools have come along way. I have a Makita chainsaw (brushless) 36 volt .I was using it the other day clearing dead trees and limbs where I hunt.Little noise and pretty good power .Since I allready have alot of the same batteries for my other tools for work it was a no brainer to pick one up . Get a brushless one if your looking at them , Do a google search on a  new dewalt,makita,stihl battery saw 

I have the 40v Oregon 16 inch and while it doesn't have the same tourqe and speed of a gas powered saw it gets the job done! To me if you're not cutting big trees down, bucking them and just need it to clear brush and smaller trees why deal with the mess and smell of gas and oil? I also have a blower that can compete with gas blowers and a trimmer that uses hardly any power to get my yard done. I know my tools will always start when I pull the trigger instead of hoping nothing clogged up the carb....

Edited by Hitemnasty

The Word is (  WORX ) Screw Gas. Ethanol is the Reason.  From the Lumber Jacks and Weekend Warriors gas Rules. 

I like the  WORX line of tools, but I don't think they make a cordless chainsaw!

Irish Potato Famine - White Privilege 

Chainsaws are like screwdrivers, no one size does it all.  You have the large saw for bucking and large cut felling, now you need a smaller saw for trimming and fireplace log cutting.  Get a Stihl MS 180 or the MS 250 to handle the smaller jobs.  I use four different sizes (MS018, MS250, MS290, MS461) depending on the job.  

I've been doing a lot of cutting on my property with a Stihl MS 290 and while the saw is doing it's job it's very heavy! ....

I think those are the very reasons that you *don't* want a battery powered saw.

EGO, Stihl, Ryobi, and others make them. But, for light-duty, short-time use.

Good luck.