IGNORED

Home-Brew Kayak Trip, Saturday

Rusty

I sent them an email last night to see if I can use my own gear and get a ride from them or at least launch from their spot with you guys.  We'll see what the answer is.

It's quicker and easier to call them.  800 - 356 - 2852.

We are parking at Matamoras and kayaking Staircase to Matamoras.  

I just got off the phone with them.

Since I am using my own gear I can drop it off at Staircase but need to check in at Matamoras first.  I could have them transport my gear, but the girl on the phone was a but unclear on how that would happen.  Bus trip would be $35/person.  Not much of a discount, but they have to make money.

It's about a 20-minute drive from base to staircase, so we'd need to plan on arriving about 45-minutes to an hour earlier.  Are you meeting up at 9:30, or boarding busses at 9:30?  I need to work my timetable out so we don't create any delays.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Don't waste time going to Matamoras first, I'll tell them what you are doing.  Drive your stuff straight up to the Staircase Base and tell them that you are dropping it off and coming back on Kittatinny's bus.  Then come down and meet us by 9:45.  The bus pulls out at 10:00.  

Oh, cool beans!  This means I get to sleep in a few more minutes!

We were going to get to base at 8:30 to move our crap around.  Instead we'll head straight to Staircase to arrive at 9AM and drop our gear off.  That'll give us enough time to get to Matamoras by 9:30-9:45.

Just two of us going, so it'll be two boats and two idiots, and some beer.  Bring your own cup!!!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Is the trip still or should we just all stay home and talk about the shooting? lol

I'm going kayaking.  Hopefully we'll see a bunch of bald eagles like last year.

Rusty, you still have the same cell # ending in 12?  I'll text you when we're on our way and when we drop off at the launch.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Boy I'd love to go! But doc says I need to stay off the water,no running, no jumping, or the like! This whole recovery thing is going to suck! Lol

We can tie you to a board and float you behind us.  No guarantee you'll survive the rapids, but we'll take video for insurance purposes.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Is the trip still or should we just all stay home and talk about the shooting? lol

The trip is on.  You can bring your phone and talk about the shooting while floating down the river.  It's a win win.   

In addition, there should be some great photo ops after we've had a couple of pints of HH's 18%.  "Let's see who can make it through these rapids standing up in their kayak".     :drunk:  :drinking:  

Edited by Rusty

The trip is on.  You can bring your phone and talk about the shooting while floating down the river.  It's a win win.   

In addition, there should be some great photo ops after we've had a couple of pints of HH's 18%.  "Let's see who can make it through these rapids standing up in their kayak".     :drunk:  :drinking:  

Bring a satellite phone, the reception sucks in several places.

I just hope I don't sink my boat again this year, that's why I'm bringing my own hardcore gear.  More opportunity to go blasting through waves instead of around them.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.