IGNORED

New Treestand

Lunatic

You are correct about the rocking issue. When I get a new stand I hang it in my yard about 2 feet off the ground and I test it. This stand does rock pretty good and a lower strap will fix that problem easily.

I have the 150 Monster and love it. It actually comes with a botton strap to stop the rocking. Make sure you put on your harness cause you will fall asleep due to its comfort. Ive takin my best nap in the woods

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have the 150 Monster and love it. It actually comes with a botton strap to stop the rocking. Make sure you put on your harness cause you will fall asleep due to its comfort. Ive takin my best nap in the woods

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I was thinking a seatbelt :-) I never had a stand with a full seat, always just a flip up seat cuz they were always too heavy and too big. This one is light enough and folded is thinner than lone wolf climber

Thats funny Lunatic, I bought the same one and it arrived 2 days ago. Like I needed another tree stand.  :whacky: I also like the hanging strap on it. I don't understand how tree stand manufacturers expect you to hang some of these heavy stands while you are trying to hang onto the tree, hold the heavy stand and then toss the strap around the tree and thread it thru a narrow slot. Even with the proper harnesses you have to be one hell of a athlete, or be born with 4 arms.

Yes, people have no idea abut the crazy situations we put ourselves into just to kill a deer:-)

I've owned tons of Millennium stands and I love them.  I've owned the 25, the 50, the 60u, the 100u, and the 150.  

It looks like you got the M-100u.  That's a good stand.  You might want to add an M-60u to your arsenal.  The benefit of the 60 vs. the 100 is the 60 is adjustable (for forward and backwards leaning trees...the platform and the seat).  The 100 isn't.  They use the same brackets.  

The 60 doesn't have the back but is very comfortable.  Over time, I've stopped using my 100 so much because it's kind of hard to get up out of it to shoot and to shoot off the left or right with those straps...at least with a xbow.  I find it a bit limiting on shots that are 4-5 O'clock and 7-8 O'clock.  Still a great stand, I would keep it.  But, you might want to add the 60.

Also, I use the chain bracket when I intend to leave the bracket in the woods.  I have a bunch of pre-set locations.  I use the ratceht style bracket for a quick in and out.  The chain bracket is a little harder to set but it has the benefit of being critter-proof.  

Enjoy.  

Edited by dlist777

Yes, people have no idea abut the crazy situations we put ourselves into just to kill a deer:-)

yep, especially like the small dinky forkhorns and spindly eights you shoot. But then again, many focus on equipment instead of skill.

JMO

Edited by Kroil2

yep, especially like the small dinky forkhorns and spindly eights you shoot. But then again, many focus on equipment instead of skill.

JMO

Maybe I can learn something from you and finally kill a buck if you ever decide to post something about hunting?

Edited by Lunatic

I've owned tons of Millennium stands and I love them.  I've owned the 25, the 50, the 60u, the 100u, and the 150.  

It looks like you got the M-100u.  That's a good stand.  You might want to add an M-60u to your arsenal.  The benefit of the 60 vs. the 100 is the 60 is adjustable (for forward and backwards leaning trees...the platform and the seat).  The 100 isn't.  They use the same brackets.  

The 60 doesn't have the back but is very comfortable.  Over time, I've stopped using my 100 so much because it's kind of hard to get up out of it to shoot and to shoot off the left or right with those straps...at least with a xbow.  I find it a bit limiting on shots that are 4-5 O'clock and 7-8 O'clock.  Still a great stand, I would keep it.  But, you might want to add the 60.

Also, I use the chain bracket when I intend to leave the bracket in the woods.  I have a bunch of pre-set locations.  I use the ratceht style bracket for a quick in and out.  The chain bracket is a little harder to set but it has the benefit of being critter-proof.  

Enjoy.

Thanks, I do the same thing. I'll have 3 locations with sticks and chains always left behind. It's a great way to get in and out quietly and fast

I switched to exclusively millennium stands years ago. I'll NEVER buy another stand so look as they remain in business. It will be the most comfortable stand, most quiet stand, And the easiest stand to hang, that you will ever use. I've gone dark to dark and never once was uncomfortable. I used the wedge lock for years. But the comfort factor of millennium cannot be beat. I have several of their stands. I do the same. Sticks or steps and the bracket at my spot. Drop it in the bracket and hunt. The money is never a thought to me when it comes to stands. The customer service is the best in the business. Period.

Which Millennium did you get? I bought this less-expensive M25 recently (my first and only lock-on - its on public land right now, I'm praying it stays there):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UU31SLM

Currently on sale at Amazon for $90 but the nice thing is it comes with a 30' safety line, which itself is worth at least $25

Get the m60u. Excellent stand. Weighs nothing. Take it in and out with you.

You guys actually take these stands in and out with you? I have a climber, I never considered these lock-on (or hang-on, whatever you call them) stands for that. I always thought these were made to be put on the tree and left there. But I do see some are marketed as temporary in/out stands.

How do you do that? I have a hard enough time bringing a climber and bow with me. how do you bring the stand AND climbing sticks (with your bow and whatever gear) to your spot? And how long does it take to both put up the sticks AND then try to hang the stand. Hanging the stand is the hard part, having to haul it up, put it in position, strap it on the tree --- all in the dark? I didn't think it would be efficient to do that, but I guess some people actually do this. Wondering if people prefer that over a climber?

You guys actually take these stands in and out with you? I have a climber, I never considered these lock-on (or hang-on, whatever you call them) stands for that. I always thought these were made to be put on the tree and left there. But I do see some are marketed as temporary in/out stands.

How do you do that? I have a hard enough time bringing a climber and bow with me. how do you bring the stand AND climbing sticks (with your bow and whatever gear) to your spot? And how long does it take to both put up the sticks AND then try to hang the stand. Hanging the stand is the hard part, having to haul it up, put it in position, strap it on the tree --- all in the dark? I didn't think it would be efficient to do that, but I guess some people actually do this. Wondering if people prefer that over a climber?

I use both a climber and an in/out hang on set.  I prefer the climber.  Easier, safer, more comfortable.  But the hang on has the advantage of getting into more trees.  

You strap 4 or 5 lonewolf sticks to the stand.  Go in, and set them up as you go.  It definitely takes longer than a climber and can make more noise (although you can do it quietly).  I put 2 sticks up when I'm on the ground.  Then, I have loops in my harness where I hook in two more sticks.  Put the lineman's belt on and climb.  Put up stick 3, then 4.  Then, hook on bracket.  Pull up stand and set it.  Put treestrap around tree and hook to harness.  Undo lineman's belt, then climb in.  

Some guys just leave the stand on their back as their putting on the sticks.  I have a pull up rope from my harness to the stand so I pull it up.  I also have a pull up rope connecting my stand to my bow, so I can pull up my bow once I climb in.  

It's definitely doable...lots of guys do this.  If I use 5 sticks I usually take 2 trips up the tree.  

If I'm going into an area I haven't been before, I'll bring the hang on with sticks because I'm sure I can get that into a tree and sometimes the climber doesn't work.  

Another option is to have the sticks pre-set on the tree with the bracket.  Then, just bring the stand in and set.  That's very easy and quiet.  You just have to have pre-set positions.  

Edited by dlist777

Leave the sticks and bracket in tree. Take the stand set it in the bracket and hunt. Or I also use lone wolf sticks when I'm setting up in a new spot to see if it's worth hunting. I can have 4 sticks, and the stand hung in under 10 minutes. 99% of the time however I have everything set up and then can take the stand with me