IGNORED

New Treestand

Lunatic

So reading some of the comments on here I took a harder look at Millennium Treestands.
What attracted me to them is the hanging system, since I used something very similar by Chippeway Wedge-Lock. Both systems use detached form the stand straps with a very easy way to hang and remove the stand form it, you can do it with one hand. I buy 4 straps and I attach them permanently to the tree where I also use permanent sticks. This way the stand always comes with me but with this one stand I can remain mobile without having to climb and fussing with chains/ straps every time I hunt.
Well it arrived yesterday and I have to say this is a high quality product. Very easy to use, extremely comfortable and quiet. They even included a Safety Link rope and safety harness.

I looked on Millennium site the price was $240 + shipping
Cabelas – $240
Amazon $179 and free shipping
How do they do it?

IMG_7113.JPG

IMG_7118.JPG

Edited by Lunatic

Which Millennium did you get? I bought this less-expensive M25 recently (my first and only lock-on - its on public land right now, I'm praying it stays there):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UU31SLM

Currently on sale at Amazon for $90 but the nice thing is it comes with a 30' safety line, which itself is worth at least $25

I love my XOP's, but Millennium makes a really nice stand too. The style of seat they use is one of the most comfortable. I've only used one on a single hunt, but it was very very comfy.

Stay safe and much good luck with the new stand!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Which Millennium did you get? I bought this less-expensive M25 recently (my first and only lock-on - its on public land right now, I'm praying it stays there):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UU31SLM

Currently on sale at Amazon for $90 but the nice thing is it comes with a 30' safety line, which itself is worth at least $25

I bough M100

The M25 is much lighter so if you have long hikes that maybe the one to go with

Most comfortable stand I've used. No issue sitting all day in them. Only slight issue is for bow little tough to stand for a shot. Need to practice standing

The m150 does give a little more leg room

Vice President Piedmont Chapter NWTF, Christian Bowhunter, NRA,  EX resident of Communist Jersey

Most comfortable stand I've used. No issue sitting all day in them. Only slight issue is for bow little tough to stand for a shot. Need to practice standing

The m150 does give a little more leg room

Well I am used to small platforms so it should be good.

Thanks

I use two hang-ons. One larger, one smaller....I like the smaller one because it fits in tight spots much easier. I can often fit it in tight multi-trunk trees where the larger one can't go. It's also lighter, but only about 2#. For the all day sits, I try to use the larger stand when possible, the extra room can make a long day a little easier. Otherwise the small stand is my go to.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

It's an excellent stand, I have the same one for 2 years now. Probably the most comfortable I've ever had next to a lush climber like the Summit.

Where do you keep your bow. I bough their bow holder, its on a back order, but it look like they recommend attaching it to the seat. That makes no sense because if you want to get up you can't push up the seat.

On all my stands I use Third hand Archery product and I attach it to the front of my stand so the bow sits right in front of me.

IMG_7119.JPG

Edited by Lunatic

Thats funny Lunatic, I bought the same one and it arrived 2 days ago. Like I needed another tree stand.  :whacky: I also like the hanging strap on it. I don't understand how tree stand manufacturers expect you to hang some of these heavy stands while you are trying to hang onto the tree, hold the heavy stand and then toss the strap around the tree and thread it thru a narrow slot. Even with the proper harnesses you have to be one hell of a athlete, or be born with 4 arms.

I always use a belt when hanging. And I always use a pull up rope to pull the stand up from the ground once I'm secured up where I want to hang it.   No doubt those hang on adapters with the Milleniums are nice!

One other tip with this particular stand is I would ratchet the bottom of the platform!  It's a big platform that protrudes out and the main pressure is up high so the bottom will want to move a little.  Rather be safe than sorry and I ratchet the bottom to the tree to keep it rock solid! :up:

I always use a belt when hanging. And I always use a pull up rope to pull the stand up from the ground once I'm secured up where I want to hang it.   No doubt those hang on adapters with the Milleniums are nice!

One other tip with this particular stand is I would ratchet the bottom of the platform!  It's a big platform that protrudes out and the main pressure is up high so the bottom will want to move a little.  Rather be safe than sorry and I ratchet the bottom to the tree to keep it rock solid! :up:

You are correct about the rocking issue. When I get a new stand I hang it in my yard about 2 feet off the ground and I test it. This stand does rock pretty good and a lower strap will fix that problem easily.