IGNORED

Deer hunting, the game of timing!

B B

Had it all planned out.  Shoot a doe out back in the morning then go to my buddy's farm and shoot tall boy in the evening.  Last camera check tells me almost every night he's been walking the corner edge of the corn field twenty five yards from my stand.  Piece of cake huh?  Hell no! LOL

Ran into my buddy tonight and he says, "hey they're cutting the corn field not this Saturday, but next.  Thought you'd wanta know."  :shock:

Gotta love the bowhunter drama!  Let the games begin  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

On a side note, for those who have never done it, sitting in the stand when the corn comes down is the best!

I remember 5 of us surrounded a corn Field.. combine comes in as soon as we got set up and half the guys bailed to run to another spot..

They should have stayed cause the deer were in the cut corn as fast as the combine would cut it. Then he left at prime time and it was incredible! I would hunt the corn if I were you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Good luck - cutting corn changes deer patterns for sure. Generally more "good" than bad but if the standing corn was funnelling the buck by your area, the security of the standing corn is gone so you may see him but probably not same spot.  Thats what makes it HUNTING and not SHOOTING/KILLING...   If not early season, you will get your chance, its a very very looooong season. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

The biggest buck I've ever seen followed 50 yards behind a combine the whole length of a field.  It was crazy to watch.  Not sweating it at all.  Something tells me that I'm not gonna be all that interested in Tall Boy once the velvet comes off, which as of todays check he's still holding the fuzzy stuff.  In fact I've already made up my mind that he's gonna walk unless he should happen to stay in velvet. 

Had it all planned out.  Shoot a doe out back in the morning then go to my buddy's farm and shoot tall boy in the evening.  Last camera check tells me almost every night he's been walking the corner edge of the corn field twenty five yards from my stand.  Piece of cake huh?  Hell no! LOL

Ran into my buddy tonight and he says, "hey they're cutting the corn field not this Saturday, but next.  Thought you'd wanta know."  :shock:

Gotta love the bowhunter drama!  Let the games begin  :laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:

On a side note, for those who have never done it, sitting in the stand when the corn comes down is the best!

Sunday morning the deer will be in the filed eating the corn from the ground so maybe it's not all lost for you. This usually last for a while.

Unfortunately the equipment they use these days I'll be lucky to find 2 kernels of corn.  Except for the 200 pounds I put out today  ;) 

And the field's so big it takes them days to do, but I'll be out there the whole time  :up: 

Edited by B B

Unfortunately the equipment they use these days I'll be lucky to find 2 kernels of corn. Except for the 200 pounds I put out today ;)

And the field's so big it takes them days to do, but I'll be out there the whole time :up:

Well one of my hunting spots is a farm. My experience tells me deer are in the field after the corn is cut. The good part is at first they are looking for corn close to the tree line wher your stand should be. good luck

Btw when the farmer is ready to cut it he always lets us know. All of us hunting the far are ther when he starts because he pushes number of deer living in the corn field into the woods for cover.

Edited by Lunatic

No doubt when the corn comes down it can be as exciting as it gets.  I've watched deer stand just inside the woods line and just watch the equipment go back and forth.  They could care less and it almost seems like they're entertained by it, even though in all reality their thinking with their stomachs.

Cool thing is the field is sugar corn and I've been on a corn diet for the last two weeks. 

Edited by B B