IGNORED

Saved it!

Had a bear to mount that was caped too short..

Skin ended where I drew a line on the form.

Luckily, it had over a foot extra skin on the top of the back length..

I started cutting puzzle pieces out and while paying attention to the hair patterns I stitched them up in a few pieces onto the skin where it was missing.

Would never know It! Took alot of extra time that I won't be paid for, but it was worth it in the end..

Customer was expecting me to cut a few inches off the form to shorten the shoulder length, but I felt this would look way better than the quick fix and being we had extra skin to utilize from the same bear it matched perfectly.

03ebfacfb266feb276d43e68ed6b25e9.jpg27709aeb5b4d5dd1cc720503f6ea8da1.jpg901ae68f41f3ac9cf237ed3209c26a05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just goes to show how much Passion and Pride you put into your work! Great save! :up: :up:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member

Nice fix there. It amazes me what people expect from a taxidermist after they abuse the hides by dragging them, leaving them in the back of a truck for days, and hanging them in not so perfect temps for long periods of time.

One time I sewed the top half of a left ear on a deer using a right ear scrap for a repair and you could not even tell unless you felt it. Poorly handled and skinned animals are a taxidermist worst nightmare.