• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Senator Menendez trial and implications

41 replies to this topic

#21 Male OFFLINE   1957Buck

1957Buck

1975Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 09/06/17 - 10:03 AM

Nothing will come of it. Just lost Taxes prosecuting this Pc Of :censored:  How much did bridge gate Coast ( Farce )

The whole thing should have been given a speedy trial rather than years to do it. most people don't even know who he is and could care less. Yet NJ keeps going with loser's  since that is whats available.    The Swap --- :stirring:  what an example ask your neighbors and Family who is running for Governor in NJ and WHEN'

#22 ONLINE   rocky

rocky

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 09/06/17 - 10:06 AM

What happened to having sex with the underage girls thing?

• Agree x 1
  • List

#23 Male OFFLINE   tjfslaughter

tjfslaughter

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 09/06/17 - 10:08 AM

Nothing will come of it. Just lost Taxes prosecuting this Pc Of :censored:  How much did bridge gate Coast ( Farce )

The whole thing should have been given a speedy trial rather than years to do it. most people don't even know who he is and could care less. Yet NJ keeps going with loser's  since that is whats available.    The Swap --- :stirring:  what an example ask your neighbors and Family who is running for Governor in NJ and WHEN'

My Family and Neighbors know who is running and when.  I text my republican friends the day before the election to remind them.  I have one Democrat friend that I text.  I send him a text on election day "Please remember that to keep lines down at the polls and ensure a speedy vote that Republicans vote on Tuesday and Democrats on Wednesday"

• Agree x 1
  • List

#24 Male OFFLINE   1190ftalt

1190ftalt

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09/06/17 - 01:30 PM

News just said it should be a matter of months. And we forgot about the underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usnews.c...titution-claims

News just said it should be a matter of months. And we forgot about the underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.

https://www.usnews.c...titution-claims

I think you are a scumbag calling 13 or 14 year old girls getting raped by a pedophile hookers, they are children, do you think they want to do this ?
  • Agree x 1
  • List

#25 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:22 PM

Since there has not been an update on this case since September 6.  I thought I'd update the forum.  Right now the jury is deadlocked and was told to go home and then reconvene to deliberate again.  Some history of the charges.

The jury is considering a total of 18 counts — both men are charged with conspiracy, violating the Travel Act, three counts of honest services fraud and six counts of bribery. Menendez also is charged with making false statements by omitting Melgen's gifts from his Senate disclosure forms.

Prosecutors contend Melgen made Menendez his "personal senator," available during a seven-year period as needed, such as when Melgen was embroiled in an $8.9 million Medicare billing dispute.

So I have some simple questions.  

1. Do the guys on here that felt Christie directed the bridge closing and claimed "you know he knew" feel the same way about Menendez and that he did the crime upon reviewing the evidence?

2. Is it possible to have a "fair and impartial" jury considering the comments made by the excused juror last week?

3. Is this trial being obsessively covered like the bridgegate trial was by the NY NJ media outlets? 

Yes/no to questions and why.

#26 Male OFFLINE   Bill from NJ

Bill from NJ

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:29 PM

The jury is full of imbeciles.

Only on a jury in NJ, can these incompetent idiots feel powerful.

I am sure they will reach the "Right Decision"...... once they collect their envelope from the Menendez Lawyers. :hmmmer:

(Sarcasm off)

Edited by Bill from NJ, 11/13/17 - 08:30 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Like x 1
  • List

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

#27 Male OFFLINE   Fishman

Fishman

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:41 PM

Since when can and excused juror hold a press conference prior to a verdict?

On Friday, Evelyn Arroyo-Maultsby, a juror who was dismissed from the case because of a previously planned vacation, told reporters that the trial was headed for a hung jury, with several jurors poised to vote “not guilty” on the most serious charges against Menendez, which include bribery and conspiracy charges.

An alternate juror was subbed in on Monday, meaning that deliberations had to start from scratch. Four jurors and three alternates admitted to having seen coverage of Arroyo-Maultsby’s comments, but Judge Walls did not view that as an impediment to moving forward with the trial.

• Agree x 3
  • Like x 1
  • List

#28 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:45 PM

Ok, but specifically in answer to my questions as related to the bridgegate trial.  

1. Do the guys on here that felt Christie directed the bridge closing and claimed "you know he knew" feel the same way about Menendez and that he did the crime upon reviewing the evidence?

2. Is it possible to have a "fair and impartial" jury considering the comments made by the excused juror last week?

3. Is this trial being obsessively covered like the bridgegate trial was by the NY NJ media outlets? 

Yes/no to questions and why.

#29 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:47 PM

Since when can and excused juror hold a press conference prior to a verdict?

On Friday, Evelyn Arroyo-Maultsby, a juror who was dismissed from the case because of a previously planned vacation, told reporters that the trial was headed for a hung jury, with several jurors poised to vote “not guilty” on the most serious charges against Menendez, which include bribery and conspiracy charges.

An alternate juror was subbed in on Monday, meaning that deliberations had to start from scratch. Four jurors and three alternates admitted to having seen coverage of Arroyo-Maultsby’s comments, but Judge Walls did not view that as an impediment to moving forward with the trial.

Yes, I totally agree that a gag order should've have been issued by the judge which just shows the judge is not impartial.  

• Agree x 1
  • List

#30 Male OFFLINE   Batsto

Batsto

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 08:50 PM

Let the senator off! If Bergdhal was innocent and faces nothing, let Menendez go with no charges.
  • Disturbing x 2
  • Informative x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Dislike x 1
  • List

#31 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 09:12 PM

Democrat voters are used to electing criminals.  Why would one get convicted in NJ?  Menendez could go on TV and stab babies and a NJ jury would find him innocent.  That is the quality of voters and jurists in this state.

I thank God that I can never serve on another jury.

• Agree x 3
  • Winner x 1
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

#32 Male OFFLINE   1957Buck

1957Buck

1975Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 2,428 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 09:14 PM

It was said from the beginning Menendez would get off either by a Mistrial or Hung Jury one also only has to look at the demographics of where the trial is being held might as well have all his relatives on The Jury. Money again Wasted the Lawyers win we lose.  

I believe it was a setup with the member of the Jury being released because she had a Planned Vacation she should be held in contempt for Lying when asked Is there anything to prevent you from fulfilling your duties if this trail goes beyond 30 days. 

I was served 5 times in my life to Jury Duty till I was thrown off one. 

• Agree x 2
  • List

#33 Male OFFLINE   1563621

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11/13/17 - 10:19 PM

Menedez is a scummer, but will walk!

#34 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 12:29 AM

It was said from the beginning Menendez would get off either by a Mistrial or Hung Jury one also only has to look at the demographics of where the trial is being held might as well have all his relatives on The Jury. Money again Wasted the Lawyers win we lose.  

I believe it was a setup with the member of the Jury being released because she had a Planned Vacation she should be held in contempt for Lying when asked Is there anything to prevent you from fulfilling your duties if this trail goes beyond 30 days. 

I was served 5 times in my life to Jury Duty till I was thrown off one. 

That is pretty sad considering the DEMOCRAT outrage against Christie and not a single dollar changed hands in that case.  I guess it just shows how incredibly biased the state actually is and the prosecutors in the bridge affair went to every length possible to get Christie and never succeeded.   It's interesting that Bill Brennan has not uttered a single word about this case but couldn't keep his mouth shut about Christie.  Total hypocrisy by everyone including the media.  

• Agree x 3
  • List

#35 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 08:59 AM

That is pretty sad considering the DEMOCRAT outrage against Christie and not a single dollar changed hands in that case.  I guess it just shows how incredibly biased the state actually is and the prosecutors in the bridge affair went to every length possible to get Christie and never succeeded.   It's interesting that Bill Brennan has not uttered a single word about this case but couldn't keep his mouth shut about Christie.  Total hypocrisy by everyone including the media.

and you expected different? Please, this state just elected a governor who actively ran on raiseing taxes across the board, nothing about this fiefdom surprises me anymore.
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#36 Male OFFLINE   stratocaster

stratocaster

9 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 09:14 AM

and you expected different? Please, this state just elected a governor who actively ran on raiseing taxes across the board, nothing about this fiefdom surprises me anymore.

Actually I had a slight spark of hope.  I just expected the same MORAL outrage from people regarding this case as they had about Christie, especially  from some of the people on here.  But as usual, it is not the case that evenhanded political discourse exists in the corrupt DEMOCRAT slimebag state of NJ even with a swamp monster like Menendez. 

#37 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 09:30 AM

Remember that a hung jury doesn't always mean he gets off, it just means they have to retry him a second time.  I realize a retrial is not a slam dunk, but these are serious charges.  

#38 Male OFFLINE   tjfslaughter

tjfslaughter

5 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 11/16/17 - 01:37 PM

Mistrial it is.  Hopefully the prosecuters learned a lesson and reload the gun and try again.

• Agree x 1
  • List

#39 Male OFFLINE   The Buschman

The Buschman

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11/16/17 - 03:22 PM

Just heard on the news break (CBS) ... Judge declared "mistrial".

#40 OFFLINE   _X7

_X7

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 11/16/17 - 04:45 PM

Amazing! He's talking like he just hit the lottery and is a free man. Doesn't he know what mistrial means?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users