• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Predator Caller

7 replies to this topic

Poll: What brand of caller do you use? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What brand of caller do you use?

1. FoxPro (8 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Flextone (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Mojo (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Cass Creek (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Edge (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Primos (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

7. Western River (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Home Made (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

9. Other (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Male OFFLINE   remingtonman1108

remingtonman1108

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01/30/13 - 11:02 AM

What type of predator caller do you use?

#2 Male OFFLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 01/30/13 - 11:12 AM

I have a variety of handheld calls (which I likely just suck at using), but they have worked.
The best results have come with just lip squeaking or a FoxPro caller!
And the Mojo Critter is an awesome addition...definitely grabs their attention and keeps their eyes off you!

#3 Male OFFLINE   Matty

Matty

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 01/30/13 - 02:37 PM

Because I have friends that are extremely wonderful, I have used all of the following.

Foxpro FX3
Foxpro Spitfire
Flextone HD w remote (the bigger one)
Johnny Stewarts P1 and P2
ICO GC300

and assorted mouth calls.

For foxes, you don't need anything special. A squeak toy will bring them in. For yotes, different ball game.

The Foxpros are nice, no doubt, but I was also pretty impressed with the Flextone. Great sounds, great remote.

See the remote is important. The remotes on the FP's and Flextone light up and you have to hit like a "send" button or what not, but some of the other calls like the GC-300 or JS's have exposed buttons that as soon as you hit them, the sound is going.

Maybe I'm just a bumbling idiot, but that can be terrible at times. Usually it's not a problem, but I've accidentally hit sounds I didn't want to hit while walking back from the caller to my seat, or while scanning, etc. The other night after a Foxpro Spitfire accidentally shattered on an icy road, my backup GC300 was set to take the stage. All setup....hit the button on the remote. Remote is dead....the battery in it, which should last months if not years, was dead because one or more buttons were being pressed inside my backpack for days I suppose. That wore it out. Another downfall of raised buttons.

The one thing I DO like about my GC300 though, is playing two sounds at once. I think that is a great feature.

For a beginner not looking to get in to deep $$ wise, I think the Johnny Stewarts might be the ticket. We called in a lot of animals with those before we ever got a foxpro. Next would be my ICO GC-300. After that, sky is the limit. Spend the money and get a foxpro or alphadogg or something like that.

The newest one in our stable will be a Foxpro HellFire.

Collectively, we have spent entirely too much money on predator hunting. LOL

If you're too busy to hunt....You're too busy!

- Sent from my Alexander Graham Bell Hand Crank Model Mar101876 Phone

#4 Male OFFLINE   remingtonman1108

remingtonman1108

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01/30/13 - 08:27 PM

Because I have friends that are extremely wonderful, I have used all of the following.

Foxpro FX3
Foxpro Spitfire
Flextone HD w remote (the bigger one)
Johnny Stewarts P1 and P2
ICO GC300

and assorted mouth calls.

For foxes, you don't need anything special. A squeak toy will bring them in. For yotes, different ball game.

The Foxpros are nice, no doubt, but I was also pretty impressed with the Flextone. Great sounds, great remote.

See the remote is important. The remotes on the FP's and Flextone light up and you have to hit like a "send" button or what not, but some of the other calls like the GC-300 or JS's have exposed buttons that as soon as you hit them, the sound is going.

Maybe I'm just a bumbling idiot, but that can be terrible at times. Usually it's not a problem, but I've accidentally hit sounds I didn't want to hit while walking back from the caller to my seat, or while scanning, etc. The other night after a Foxpro Spitfire accidentally shattered on an icy road, my backup GC300 was set to take the stage. All setup....hit the button on the remote. Remote is dead....the battery in it, which should last months if not years, was dead because one or more buttons were being pressed inside my backpack for days I suppose. That wore it out. Another downfall of raised buttons.

The one thing I DO like about my GC300 though, is playing two sounds at once. I think that is a great feature.

For a beginner not looking to get in to deep $$ wise, I think the Johnny Stewarts might be the ticket. We called in a lot of animals with those before we ever got a foxpro. Next would be my ICO GC-300. After that, sky is the limit. Spend the money and get a foxpro or alphadogg or something like that.

The newest one in our stable will be a Foxpro HellFire.

Collectively, we have spent entirely too much money on predator hunting. LOL

Great post. Very informative Matty.:thumb_up:

#5 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02/03/13 - 10:27 PM

IOC is what I use

#6 Male OFFLINE   BowHunter96

BowHunter96

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 09:11 AM

I have a foxpro firestorm, great call and relatively beginner friendly. Has plenty of sound to it also. Hopefully post up a report later on tonight. Gonna head out around 3:30 to do some calling.

Sent from my iPhone

#7 OFFLINE   birdshotnj

birdshotnj

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 09:49 AM

Have used a foxpro and a johnny stewart. Both work equally as good

#8 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 10:04 AM

Good luck.
I will be at Assunpink tomorrow right after work. In the field around 5pm, probaby make 4 or four sets. Still trying for my first fox or yote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users