IGNORED

Belgium Beer

LPJR

With 10% alcohol per bottle, lol.

It seems it must be difficult to brew a solid beer with 10% alcohol, most of the ones I've tried have ranged from "meh" to "not the greatest", and a few taste like alcohol (not in the good way).

One that is excellent, however, is Burton Baton by Dogfish Head.  I used to have to buy it when I saw it, but they now make it year-round.  It's a bit pricey at $4/bottle, but it's very good, with a manly hop, and you'd never know you were drinking a 10% A.B.V. beer.

burton-new-artwork-2.jpg?itok=-lNgDRRS

Edited by BenedictGomez

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

I am a beer snob, but will never turn down free beer.

I've made a bunch of Belgians and was into them for a while.  Stopped drinking them and have been on a dark beer kick for a while.  Just got back into yellow hoppy beer (IPAs, Pale Ales, etc.).

I have a porter on tap made with pilsner malt and my MGD clone, which is very drinkable but the alcohol content it a bit high.  Darn!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Not a fan of Belgians or IPAs for that matter. Porters, stouts, brown ales and barley wines do it for me. Newcastle is my go to but winters coming, soon it will be time to stock up on Dragons Milk, Skull Splitter and McEwans .

Edited by Woodsman416

Not a fan of Belgians or IPAs for that matter. Porters, stouts, brown ales and barley wines do it for me. Newcastle is my go to but winters coming, soon it will be time to stock up on Dragons Milk, Skull Splitter and McEwans .

I made a clone of skull splitter years ago and it came out amazing. Good stuff

I was just at the store and bought the last 2 4 packs of dragons milk.Thats another yummy stout.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stout boys must try Speedway. It's a Great one. I like Trois Pistoles, Duvel, Prankster, to name a few. I have a Barrel Aged Old Salty have to crack open. It was brewed by Heavyweight, which is no longer open. Prob one if not the best beer I ever had.

Brewed in Holland hope that is close enough to  Belgium   :cheers: my beer of choice Doctors orders  :acclaim:

Now Bucklers

Don't Miss the Alcohol ones I have even served a Nice frosty Mug to people and they never suspected it was Non-Alcoholic.  

The only problem it once was $5 average a 6 pack then the Resolution stated DWI  and is Now $9 Plus.

Anyone remember when Rolling Rock was looked down on as Cheap Brew a nip was 25 cents now considered a Premium Beer of $8.00 6 pack.

Ballantine Ale was my drink of choice day :first:   

007289000030.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

Stout boys must try Speedway. It's a Great one. I like Trois Pistoles, Duvel, Prankster, to name a few. I have a Barrel Aged Old Salty have to crack open. It was brewed by Heavyweight, which is no longer open. Prob one if not the best beer I ever had.

Hope it is still drinkable most likely no preservatives.  Good Luck  

Beer can age.  I have a 18-year-old maple syrup porter that will knock your socks off.  Hops are a natural preservative.

Now that answers a lot of Questions Always wary of guys without Socks    :cheers:  ;)

Was referring to 1959 where we loaded for Beach Partys onboard the ship for beach parties in the Persian Gulf and American Embassy in Bombay was told they contained preservatives Shaffers, Pabst. have to research that one unless U Know 

Edited by 1957Buck

The Verdict is in Home Brew is by far Better even Most Micro Brews. this is what I found.

IMO Budweiser is one Fake Beer with the total over Hyped and Advertising.

Sorry had to add more for our English speaking Members 

Also, add 10 beers that contain GMO modified Grains Bud Is one  :down:

Home Brew Rules Drink responsibly but stay Thirsty my Freind  :cheers:  :P 

image001.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Guinness2.jpg

English.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

The Verdict is in Home Brew is by far Better even Most Micro Brews. this is what I found.

IMO Budweiser is one Fake Beer with the total over Hyped and Advertising.

Let me dispel some of this stuff.

Fish bladder is also known as isinglass finings.  This has been added to beer for hundreds of years as a clarifier.  It is very, very common.  Another clarifying agent is gelatin, made from horse's hooves.  Again, very, very common ingredient in beer used to clarify it for hundreds of years.

Additional sugars have always been added to beers over the years.  Belgian beers will use Belgian candy sugar as an ingredient to increase alcohol.  All corn syrup is going to do is add more alcohol to the beer and reduce the body.  Very, very common thing to do.

If you translate the stuff on that Spanish image, most of those are natural ingredients.  Corn sugar, dextrose, maltose are all naturally occurring sugars.  They are named different things because of the arrangement of sugar molecules in the substance, not because there are different artificial ingredients added.

Beer is one of the food products that has very few artificial ingredients.  And home brewers and professional brewers all use the same basic ingredients.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.