IGNORED

Safety harness?

jerseybowhunter

I'm looking for a good fairly cheap harness, something that won't get in the way, easy to put on and that is comfortable. I never wore one before but as I'm getting older, I'm getting alittle smarter and value my life more. The main reason I never wore one is I am always afraid the line that attaches to the tree will get all tangled up. I seen a few Gorrilla harnesses at dicks for around $50 but want opinions before I buy one. Price range is $50-100

I love my gorilla! The model I use is discontinued but it's almost identical to this one:

https://gogorillagear.com/collections/g-tac-air-harness-series/products/g-tac-air-safety-harness-camo?variant=20177204678

I also have a big-game ez-on and it's really nice too. Even lighter than my gorilla. For me, they have to be light, quick to put on, can't tangle, have a long tether and lineman belt loops. Some come with crappy linemans belts, tree tethers and heavy carabiners or not at all....so consider that you may have to buy extra parts for some.

I change all that out to light aluminum wire climbing carabiners and make my own tree tethers and linemans belt.

I have also considered the rock climbing harness, especially for when using a minimalist tree saddle setup, but I haven't bought one yet. For now I'm happy with the harnesses I have.

Good luck, be safe!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Rock climbing harness is the way to go IMO

Hangs back off to your side . Allows much more freedom of movement .

And gets you into a safer recovers position if you fall .

Nothing else to add to this. Not to mention with a few accessories you can legit lower yourself to the floor if needed

For the guys that use it, like Lunatic said the safety line is in front of you. Doesnt that get on the way bow hunting? And if do happen to fall I could see that being a problem. However if you fall facing the tree like when climbing in and out of the stand I can see the benifits

For the guys that use it, like Lunatic said the safety line is in front of you. Doesnt that get on the way bow hunting? And if do happen to fall I could see that being a problem. However if you fall facing the tree like when climbing in and out of the stand I can see the benifits

If you adjust it right you don't even fall. It's more a gentle swing. And there is never a situation for the line to ever be in your way. Unlike standard harnesses. Also a standard harness is designed to keep you from hitting the floor and hope that help is close. The argument for the suspension relief strap or tree step isn't even valid Bc when your hanging there is like to see someone calmly deploy it and hope you don't drop it. A rock harness you could legit hang there for days. But you won't have to Bc you legit just step back into your stand.

Edited by Livesintrees