IGNORED

New blind is huge and ready to go

LPJR

Got the new blind in from Sportsmans Guide last week and set it up in the back for my son to practice shooting out of...Pretty cool that he (even me) can shoot the compound standing up....Set it up at one of our farm spots with ASFTAX today in an inside corner which is one of my all time favorite setups for bow.  Put up a Bushnell camera and will check it in a couple of weeks... Love this anticipation part of the season!

Let the games begin........

PART_1502833434409_Resized_20170815_130013.jpeg.jpg

thumbnail_Resized_20170815_130314.jpg

PART_1502833481718_Resized_20170815_130045.jpeg.jpg

untitled.png

thumbnail_Resized_20170815_181837.jpg

One word of advice, if you plan on keeping it out all season into the winter, find a length of PVC and a wooden block.  Stand the PVC up to the peak in the roof and put the block of wood underneath it.  This will keep the roof up in case of snow, preventing it from collapsing into itself.

Also, tie it to that a tree so you can find it after it blows over.  Those anchors hold only so much and then pop out.

Lessons I learned the hard way.

Looks good!  Hope you get some slammers out of it!

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

One word of advice, if you plan on keeping it out all season into the winter, find a length of PVC and a wooden block.  Stand the PVC up to the peak in the roof and put the block of wood underneath it.  This will keep the roof up in case of snow, preventing it from collapsing into itself.

Also, tie it to that a tree so you can find it after it blows over.  Those anchors hold only so much and then pop out.

Lessons I learned the hard way.

Looks good!  Hope you get some slammers out of it!

This blind will be strictly for fall bow, will take down before gun week...Like you said, I have another that stays out from August until the end of late gun and the roof is propped up with a metal rod....Thanks for the tips, all good stuff, especially with tying the blind down. :up: 

Good stuff, but I gotta ask, don't you guys have chiggers up there?!  If I went in my woods in shorts I'd have to set myself on fire!

Lol!

We had a short walk and heavily sprayed down before we went in. Was shocked and surprised that we didn't have one tick on us today.

This blind will be strictly for fall bow, will take down before gun week...Like you said, I have another that stays out from August until the end of late gun and the roof is propped up with a metal rod....Thanks for the tips, all good stuff, especially with tying the blind down. :up:

Blinds = tumbleweeds during a nice fall storm (or tropical depression).

I walked into the woods to fill my feeder and thought someone stole my blind.  I found it 100' away because the spikes pulled out and the thing probably went airborne.  Unfortunately, I didn't catch it on any game cams.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.