IGNORED

About 20 degrees less than tonight...

outdoorslife

I can't wait til the highs are about 40 with a stiff NW wind blowing while up 20 feet and hopefully getting an opportunity to let one fly!! Come on November...but I'll be patient and say come on October!

Who else is ready for Fall?? (And winter!)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by outdoorslife

I'm in Hotlanta and am eagerly awaiting the fall.  I hate the heat and can't wait for the fires and beers at night.  Bring on the frost.  Bring on the crunchy leaves.  The sound of crips leaves falling from a windblown oak.  But most importantly...bring on bow season!

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Its funny when I tell people that I lived in Florida as a young man yet my favorite seasons are fall and winter. I get the look of confusion. Only hunters and striper fisherman understand I guess lol

This year also brings Remi and I our first season together hunting pheasants and chukar at the preserves along with some weekday visits to a couple wma's. Im pretty pumped about that but the closer we get to bow season, the more I realize Ill be trying to get in more sits in the tree than originally thought(or at least what I told the mrs....oops!)

Cant help but share some more pics of her...

RemiLook.jpg

Remililwet.jpg

Remijustabouttoflush.png

Just noticing the shortening days and, like Rusty said, things like katydids singing that summer's end is near gets my head up in that tree daydreaming about what is soon to come.  It also reminds me that I haven't practiced my shooting nearly enough so that needs some immediate attention as the season will be here before I know it.  

Count me in as a fall/spring person.  I would rank October my # 1 month followed closely by a 2nd place tie between May and November.  I'd be more than happy to exchange January, February, July, and August for any of those kinds of months.   

Just noticing the shortening days and, like Rusty said, things like katydids singing that summer's end is near gets my head up in that tree daydreaming about what is soon to come.  It also reminds me that I haven't practiced my shooting nearly enough so that needs some immediate attention as the season will be here before I know it.  

Count me in as a fall/spring person.  I would rank October my # 1 month followed closely by a 2nd place tie between May and November.  I'd be more than happy to exchange January, February, July, and August for any of those kinds of months.   

We just commented on that too. 4th of July fireworks(it was was the 1st or 2nd when we went) it was 9 o clock, a little cloudy and too bright for fireworks just yet. Think they waited til about 920-930ish. Now last light is about 830-840. 

I usually shoot my bow year round the last handful of years but not this season. Ive hardly picked it up but thats about to change. Speaking of change, I made no tweaks to the bow so hopefully just have to get back to form and everything falls back into place

November is my favorite by far while October, December and January all tie for second, lol.