• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

NJW&W Christmas get together at Pub 199

239 replies to this topic

#41 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 09/29/17 - 01:02 PM

I think he told me he was working nights that week, but he might try to make it.

It's 12/15 right?  I'm trying to see if we can make it or not

Yeah, I think it'll be the 15th.

And Louie has plenty of time to get the Pub199 flu and miss a day.  I accept credit cards but not excuses.

• Funny x 1
  • Like x 1
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

The right to revolt has sources deep in our history.

-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

#42 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 09/29/17 - 04:22 PM

Yes, the 15th.  Time TBD.  Let me check to see what we have done most years.  I know it takes some of you a bit to drive there after working wherever you are coming from, so not too early.  Remember, the bar is open if you arrive early.  Just make sure to have a ride home if you plan to play (or if HH keeps feeding you beers knowing you have a ride home with a buddy).   

• Funny x 2
  • List

#43 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 09/29/17 - 06:42 PM

Yes, the 15th.  Time TBD.  Let me check to see what we have done most years.  I know it takes some of you a bit to drive there after working wherever you are coming from, so not too early.  Remember, the bar is open if you arrive early.  Just make sure to have a ride home if you plan to play (or if HH keeps feeding you beers knowing you have a ride home with a buddy).

Yeah, I do have a bit of “corruption through consumption” going on. But it was truly a pleasure to call the bartender over each time and say, “yeah, he needs another”. I consider that a form of community service. You had a ride, you could go home more than half in the bag.

People have to watch you for throwing logs on the fire. People will get in line to have me get them beers.
  • Funny x 2
  • List

US citizens have constitutionally protected rights - but they're only paper protections if they can't be freely exercised.

--BBC News

Ideas are indeed the most dangerous weapons in the world. Our ideas of freedom are the most powerful political weapons man has ever forged.

#44 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 09/29/17 - 06:45 PM

Well, if Haskell is buying, then I'm drinking! Lol, my girl can drive! Lol
  • Winner x 1
  • List
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#45 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 10/16/17 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, I think it'll be the 15th.

And Louie has plenty of time to get the Pub199 flu and miss a day.  I accept credit cards but not excuses.

Flu no. Took a vacation day since I was on nights. We will be there. All good

1. HH
2. BowhunterNJ + 1
3. Bucksnbows + ?
4. Rusty + ?
​5. JH +1 (on the 15th)
6. MeatEater + 1
7. Buckfever1974+2
8. Troutandbucks + ? 
9. Bigwuhead +1
10. GhostBear + 1 ? 
11. Jersey Jay +1
12. Ms Grit
13. Jerseybass +3

14. Smoking Gun +1

15. Thrudheim and The Boy

16. LPJR + son

• Like x 2
  • Winner x 1
  • List

#46 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 10/17/17 - 12:41 PM

Big Tony is in! 

1. HH
2. BowhunterNJ + 1
3. Bucksnbows + ?
4. Rusty + ?
​5. JH +1 (on the 15th)
6. MeatEater + 1
7. Buckfever1974+2
8. Troutandbucks + ? 
9. Bigwuhead +1
10. GhostBear + 1 ? 
11. Jersey Jay +1
12. Ms Grit
13. Jerseybass +3

14. Smoking Gun +1

15. Thrudheim and The Boy

16. LPJR + son

​17. ASFTAX

• Like x 2
  • List

#47 Male OFFLINE   themadgreek

themadgreek

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 10/17/17 - 04:23 PM

I'm a maybe depending on when my wife gives birth. She’s due the 7th
  • Like x 3
  • List
Mr. 300

#48 Male OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 10/17/17 - 06:17 PM

I'm a maybe depending on when my wife gives birth. She’s due the 7th

Congratulations Greek.   :up:  :up:

• Agree x 1
  • List

#49 Male OFFLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11/06/17 - 09:50 PM

Have you come up with a time for this? December 15? Not sure if in will make it. Going on a offshore Giant seabass and cod fishing trip that day.
  • Dislike x 2
  • List

#50 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 11/06/17 - 10:21 PM

Have you come up with a time for this? December 15? Not sure if in will make it. Going on a offshore Giant seabass and cod fishing trip that day.

No excuse John. Reschedule the fishing trip. Period. 

• Agree x 3
  • List

#51 Male OFFLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11/07/17 - 06:00 AM

No excuse John. Reschedule the fishing trip. Period. 

I would do it if it wasn't a big trip 60-70 miles out. There's like 5 other guys going boat leaves at 11pm and we get back around 5pm and a hour and half ride up. So idk if i could make it up north there for it. I will be dead tired. 

• Agree x 2
  • List

#52 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

12 Pointer

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 11/07/17 - 08:47 AM

Well, if you feel froggy and want to try and come up, you can always crash at my place! Lol but that is a loooooonnnnggggg fishing trip!! Lol
  • Like x 1
  • List
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

#53 Male OFFLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11/11/17 - 07:53 AM

Thanks Paul. Nice offer.

#54 Male OFFLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 06:10 AM

What is this thing going to start and how late did it run till last year?

#55 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 06:21 AM

I think Brian made the reservations last year.  I nominate him to do it again this year.

I think we met at 6:30-ish and mingled.  They took food orders at 7:30-ish, and people left anytime after dinner.  I think I was one of the last to leave around 11-ish.  I had to make sure Brian had a steady stream of beers flowing into his gullet, and Rusty had to make sure to take any additional wood Brian threw onto the fire was taken off

Lots of hotels down the road just off of Rt. 80 if you want to enjoy a bunch of beers and not drive home.  Always a good option.  If there is enough interest, folks traveling might be able to get a block of rooms for a couple of bucks off.

• Like x 1
  • List

--BBC News

#56 Male OFFLINE   Buck154

Buck154

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 07:42 AM

I think Brian made the reservations last year.  I nominate him to do it again this year.

I think we met at 6:30-ish and mingled.  They took food orders at 7:30-ish, and people left anytime after dinner.  I think I was one of the last to leave around 11-ish.  I had to make sure Brian had a steady stream of beers flowing into his gullet, and Rusty had to make sure to take any additional wood Brian threw onto the fire was taken off

Lots of hotels down the road just off of Rt. 80 if you want to enjoy a bunch of beers and not drive home.  Always a good option.  If there is enough interest, folks traveling might be able to get a block of rooms for a couple of bucks off.

Yeah that's what i was thinking about getting a room. I can tell the wife we can have a small get-away  ;)... She will say yeah but it's going to be all hunting talk, well she is a teacher so she can talk school to you  :up:

• Like x 1
  • List

#57 Male OFFLINE   LPJR

LPJR

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 07:45 AM

Yeah that's what i was thinking about getting a room. I can tell the wife we can have a small get-away  ;)... She will say yeah but it's going to be all hunting talk, well she is a teacher so she can talk school to you  :up:

Great news. Glad you will be attending John....The cod can wait. :up: 

#58 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 08:15 AM

I will shoulder the responsibility of talking to everyone’s wives. It’s the least I can do. But be forewarned that you will be leaving them unattended with one very suave dude. It is incumbent on you to keep them in line.
  • Funny x 1
  • List

--BBC News

#59 Male OFFLINE   Bucksnbows

Bucksnbows

14 Pointer

• Site Moderators
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 08:40 AM

I'll call later this morning and book it for 6:30.  In my defense regarding the logs, I was just following that one waiter we had a few years back in the Fish Room that was tossing redwoods in to that massive fireplace 3 at a time.  Pretty sure one of the patrons spontaneously burst into flames that year....

Will confirm here later our time.  So put yourselves on the list.  And for those with spouses/significant others, it's not 100% hunting and fishing talk.  And if anyone plans to bring both a spouse and a significant other, please let us know so we can draw chances at sitting close to the action.  :)

Our Exalted Leader, Matt and his significant other got a nearby hotel room last year, and he may be able to suggest a good place.  I live too close to think about hotels myself.  Plus I probably have a ride and just need to keep H_H at arm's length if my ride falls through this year.  Or make sure my kid who drives isn't working that night.    

#60 Male OFFLINE   Haskell_Hunter

Haskell_Hunter

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • 5,593 posts

Posted 11/14/17 - 04:45 PM

There's also a Cracker Barrel near the hotels.  After you sleep in to nurse your Pub 199 hangover, that's a great place to grab some chow.

--BBC News

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users