IGNORED

Who needs a free crossbow? - UBNJ Membership Drive

Times do change, agreed. If they did not we all would be driving a Ford Model A. 

We have crossbow, compound and trad guys in the organization, all legal to hunt with in NJ in archery season.

A donation was provided for a crossbow so we used it in this campaign. We also will have some compounds as prizes at the Jamboree. If a recurve gets donated to us, we will use that too.

Thanks for feedback, hope you are a member.

It's good they changed their views on it, there was a lot of resistance to crossbows over the years by a number of groups. As markbrit said, times and people's perspectives have changed. Should view it as a positive sign of evolving with the times and the interests of hunters here in NJ. :)

I doubt there views have changed for the most part.

MONEY TALKS.

All in all. Great offer on the Xbow.

Edited by 2Barrel

Hand Turned Pot Calls and All Wood Grunt Tubes.

https://www.facebook.com/KobleCalls

Why would anyone be against a Crossbow. It's clean ethical way to kill an animal. To many people try and put there ideas and beliefs on others. Why United Bow Hunters where against crossbows is nuts. UNITED means come together not devide.

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

The reason UBNJ was against the introduction of the crossbow is our charter says we have to defend the archery season as it was. Crossbows were only allowed for a handicap person.When the division allowed them then we opened our membership to cossbow hunters. You can use one at any of our 3d shoots and our 3d summer league.

Ken Olander

President UBNJ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by Bowhunter444

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller

The reason UBNJ was against the introduction of the crossbow is our charter says we have to defend the archery season as it was. Crossbows were only allowed for a handicap person.When the division allowed them then we opened our membership to cossbow hunters. You can use one at any of our 3d shoots and our 3d summer league.

Ken Olander

President UBNJ

Ken, with all due respect, I'm not sure I understand how crossbows threatened the archery season, maybe you can elaborate because the s...storm that ensued at the time left many feeling quite a bit frustrated, to put it mildly, with UBNJ. Did you then amend the charter of the organization to include crossbows?

Ken, with all due respect, I'm not sure I understand how crossbows threatened the archery season, maybe you can elaborate because the s...storm that ensued at the time left many feeling quite a bit frustrated, to put it mildly, with UBNJ. Did you then amend the charter of the organization to include crossbows?

Yes we did amend our charter. Our charter was written back in 1976 by the founders of UBNJ, it was way before my time so dont know exactly what went on but it was written to make sure we kept bow seasons as was laws of the division. At the time of the writing of this charter crossbows were illegal so we had to fight it as written in our charter. Like i said it was before my time so cant go into total details as i personally dont know them.

Ken Olander

President UBNJ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited by Bowhunter444

"Don't forget that you're First Marines! Not all the Communists in hell can overrun you!" - Chesty Puller