IGNORED

Plum Island MA striper trip & lobster fest

JHbowhunter

Had a great trip out of Newburyport yesterday with Holly.  She did out-fish me, she had never fished saltwater before, and while I probably got three hits to her one, her spastic newbie motion seemed to have a much better hookup ratio then me delicately letting the bass swallow they whole live mackerel and bunkers... There have been some big fish around over 30# but all we got were nice schoolies to 29". Massive "pogie" schools so if you are wondering where all the bunker are - head north. I must have lost 8 on live bunker alone, the bass just were not big enough while she was using the live mackerel and getting much better hookup ratio. It was a bit sporty outside following the bunker, but the Parker 25 handled it well.  We ended the trip with nice sunset back inside at the mouth of the Merrimack river inlet, followed up by the BEST lobster roll I ever had with fried avocado... Had to be at least a pound of lobster meat on that roll!   2 lbs of steamers and a cup of lobster corn chowder started that meal. Great bottle of red zin that had the strangest bacon flavor to it, so I will post the bottle so someone can check that out.  Great wine, loved the bacon. 

IMG_5782.JPG

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5791.JPG

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5799.JPG

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5812.JPG

IMG_5840.JPG

IMG_5843.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Where'd you guys go eat?  Lots of good options up there.

. Lobster Bob on Plum Island. I am paying the price today by shopping in Newburyport all day so far and now off to Gloucester to hunt for sea glass on some beach. Then dinner down there.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….