IGNORED

Truck Tires........

BHC

Getting new tires for my Tundra (275/65/18) within a month, I do like and had on other trucks the BFG KOs, but being I don't drive my truck all that often I really don't care on spending nearly $260 per tire. I have been looking at the General AT2, saw them at Mavis Tires for $191, they will price match and Jack Williams Tires has them for about $168

In your opinions and experience what do you run on your trucks and what is comparable to both the BFG KOs and the General AT2?

Also I called both Tire Rack and Direct Tires and asked them what is the difference between the same size tire vs the LT version, simply they said same tire but the LT is more for if I was pulling a boat, trailer, rocky terrain or hauling alot of weight for which I'm not, so they said for me I would be wasting money on the LT tires

did you read the article I posted last time?

I'll sum it up for you: Cooper Discoverer AT3.  Will perform better offroad than those knobby old dinosaurs and the on road performance will blow you away. 

I really don't go offroad, if anything maybe thru a field once in a while

Best/cheapest place to get the Coopers?

Pathman, the General Tires I'm looking at I found for $168 at Jack Williams Tires, Mavis Tires has the same for $191 but will price match

So find what your looking for, and Mavis will price match, & Mavis is all over the state

I just bought a set of Futura A/T tires with about 95% tread on them for my Tacoma from Red Bank Recycling for $200 and paid $120 to get them mounted and balanced at my local shop. I'll NEVER pay for new tires again.

Now if you go off road with your truck that's a different story.

Edited by mightyhunter

I asked for quote on two different tires, never replied back, that was two weeks ago, last week I called and told me to submit the quotes online.....ughhh

Really? Thats weird. I usually just pop in and get a price as I'm driving by. Never had an issue before and I have a price in minutes