IGNORED

200,000 mile club

damn, although my 2011 Grand Cherokee limited has 110K, and runs great and is now my hunting/fishing/dog carting vehicle - I better think about replacing before 150K....

I just hate to get anything new with the amount of projectile shedding my lab does. 

My Mercedes sedan has about 50K - hope to make it to 200, as it's my commuting vehicle.

My son has my dad's old Camry and that engine runs great - maybe that has a chance to make 200...

I did several jobs for Ray Catena, (Site work on 3 different service stations), and he told me they make money on Mercedes when they come back for repairs. All of the jap high end cars he sells are money makers only at the time of the sale because they don't come back for any repairs. And this is the guy with a 100'+ yacht named Mercedes.

If you're going to drive a german car, lease it. You'll be lucky if thst thing makes 100k miles before it starts imploding and nickel and diming you to death. Todays bmw, audi, mercedes is are not the same as they were 25 years ago

My '99 F250 has 462,000 on the 7.3 diesel motor.  Everything else other than the motor has broke, as many as 4 times per failure.  Cost me at least the cost of a new truck to keep repairing everything, except the motor.  Ford didn't make the motor.  Can't go by CR #s, they didn't take into account percentages.  It's a play on #s to make toyota and honda look good, not that they aren't, and there is probably a reason why.$

Curious - why do people say CR has financial motives for wanting to make Toyota and Honda look good as opposed to the other car manufacturers? CR doesn't take advertising dollars AFAIK - where is the money coming from as a result of their pushing Toyotas and Hondas? Under the table kickbacks? Just curious why you say CR is doing this for the money.

My wife has a 2004 Honda minivan that we bought brand new and it has 201,000 miles on it. We had zero problems with it. My daughter has a 2004 Honda Accord with 199,000 miles on it and it also runs great. I have a 2013 Silverado that I bought brand new and it has 139,000 miles on it. I've had some minor issues that were corrected by the Chevy dealer. It runs great.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I bought a 2005 Hyundai Elantra for $12,500 new and gave it to my sister-in-law with 162,000 miles on it in Oct. 2014 and she's still driving it today. Don't know how many miles are on it now but that's a great little car. Only did the normal stuff like oil, brakes, service trans once, had timing belt changed before it went and the only problem I had was the coil packs went. Took me 20 minutes in the driveway to replace them!

Been through 5 Volvos and each one ran well over 200,000 mi. They sell badges you put on the front grill for over 200, 300,and 500,000 miles. Their inline 5 cyls are as strong as a 4 liter jeep.  They just keep going. BTW, my 4.0 ran to over 280,000

Had a '99 ford ranger 5 speed go 225k, traded it for a 2010 frontier in 2010, with the factory clutch still in it, when I got rid of it it was just starting to burn oil.

I lost my 2010 frontier in a rear end hit this passed March at 180+k, the trans was starting to slip. I have a 2014 frontier now.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

I've bought 4 or 5 Camrys bran new.. 1 of them I didn't change the oil for the first 34,000 miles.. Lost power and took it in for service. The oil came out in gobs.. had to be flushed 3 times... Ran like a charm after that.. I don't know if it had any long term damage cause it got stolen several months later...

34k miles before oil change, why ??