IGNORED

Clambake

The Bi State Shad Fishing Contest is having a clambake on Saturday, August 12 at the Riverside Barr and Grill on Rt 611 between Martins Creek and Easton PA. Tickets are $25 which includes food, beer, soda and entertainment. Anyone interested call Eric @ 610-762-0440 to reserve tickets ASAP

Thanks

CBRIV.png

sounds good - doubt I can make it but I will try.    Always wondered why these are called "Clam bakes" when there are never any clams being "baked", only usually served raw on the half shell or steamers by the dozen???  

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

sounds good - doubt I can make it but I will try.    Always wondered why these are called "Clam bakes" when there are never any clams being "baked", only usually served raw on the half shell or steamers by the dozen???  

The word originates from beach parties where everything was cooked over heated rocks. I've been to one like that on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and at Saugatuck on Lake Michigan. Incredible party at both. 

I hope you have enough clams if I come. I am good for a couple hundred

I think the ticket has a limit of two dozen, but you'd be welcome to buy extra. Its been awhile sine I've been to a bake where the seafood was all you could eat. The cost of putting them on at a reasonable price is prohibitive.

It is a New England tradition. Photos are The one, my son runs for his Division Each year  3-day meeting event as a Thank you.   

Went last year in Maryland Crisfield.  This year OC Maryland I can't make it. 

No Hotdogs or Hamburgers. Chicken & Prime Rib for land lovers.   

img_062.jpg

img_111.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

This is our 1st annual. We decided to test the waters by having it at an established venue. We'll see how it goes and then maybe put on our own where we can be a bit more generous with the menu. The $25 ticket price is not that bad considering all that is included including the beer and entertainment. Hopefully, we'll have a good turnout with your support.  

https://shadfishingcontest.com

Image9 (2).jpg

This is our 1st annual. We decided to test the waters by having it at an established venue. We'll see how it goes and then maybe put on our own where we can be a bit more generous with the menu. The $25 ticket price is not that bad considering all that is included including the beer and entertainment. Hopefully, we'll have a good turnout with your support.  

https://shadfishingcontest.com

Sounds like a great 1st event with events like this one has to remember it is a fund raising event. I have been involved with many mostly with Veterans and Salvation Army events and Runs. One coming up is The Wounded Warrior Run in Jackson Nj on Oct.7 the first Sat. of the Month.  From City Hall to NJ Rifle Pistol Range. Where The Wounded Warriors are treated to Shooting Free raffles of donated goods new & used along with $ tickets for Guests, A track Chair is donated and a Rebuilt M-1 Rifle. food from 4 Caterers including The Salvation Army we serve Continental Breakfast at City hall and Help at the Range. My personal donation is to donate back the Wagon I won last year I almost sold it but had second thoughts.  Donations are from Used sporting goods Rod-Reels -Waders Camping goods Hunting Clothing

If any members care to donate arrangments hopefully can be made to Pick them up.

Enough About That.  :offtopic: So  :focus:

Get away from the Bar Scene Find a Fire House or Veterans hall sympathetic with you event. 

Involve a Nonprofit to buy the food & Drink Wholesale Add a Bikers Run $$$  $

Most times The VET and Fire houses have Grills and facilities.

Lastly, involve Sponsors from Local to Corporate. 

Clams are Cheap wholesale Picked up Highlands.  how many is a Learning Curve?

As far as The Beer a wristband for a Xtra $ is not unheard of plus prevents Minors from it.

Invite a local Cop might be provided by Local Township if held Locally ???

Yes, it is your First year but if that one is not successful forget another.  

Good luck. 

Edited by 1957Buck

If you think you can not do it This is the National Guard Family Picnic Day for one Company of about 125 people held last week at Seagirt Guard Base. Right on The Ocean.

There were 6 Volunteers who Prepared 200 Hamburgers 200 Hot Dogs. 100 Italian Sausages peppers & Onions   25 lbs Chicken on a grill served prepared Salads from Tossed - Potato- Macaroni - Salads.  And Drinks. All the food was provided by them we prepared it all. 

This is but 1 of the many events we do from Fun events to Disasters. 

Requests for a canteen can be made for events of a worthy cause.

I do what I can but mostly public relations take photos and stay in the Airconditioned Canteen 

Grill Time.jpg

Canteen.jpg

line up food.jpg

People.jpg

Edited by 1957Buck

The venue is a sponsor of the contest and is offering their grounds and facilities at a greatly reduced rate. A lot of the other places either don't have the room or are booked for the dates we were interested in. I'll take some of your comments back for discussion. Thanks

The venue is a sponsor of the contest and is offering their grounds and facilities at a greatly reduced rate. A lot of the other places either don't have the room or are booked for the dates we were interested in. I'll take some of your comments back for discussion. Thanks

U R Very welcome Good Event PA people R the best.