IGNORED

So lets show off those Predator Rifles

Shortfuse

• 3 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead with a question:  Once Murphy and the moronic anti-science Democrats in Trenton outlaw my AR "scary gun", what should I replace it with as my go-to predator rifle?  I am using a Ruger AR-556, which is an awesome rifle, and may need to replace it for the upcoming predator season.  Any suggestions?

I have a Remington 700 XCR II in .30-06, so I'm familiar with bolts.  I liked the semi-automatic for quick follow-up shots if the need ever arises.

I love predator rifle season and don't want to miss out because of the Trenton morons.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Depending on your needs or quarry,

the 17HMR rimfire up to .243 will work. Consider the .243 a dual purpose caliber out of state for deer.

The .257 caliber high bullet weights might limit you.

A .22-250 will cover all bases.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like the savage bolts with the accutrigger. They are deadly accurate, inexpensive but not much to look at. I’ve never lost an animal with the .17hmr but, I don’t take shots that would promote losing an animal with such a small caliber. The places I have to hunt have people close enough that will call the police if they hear anything bigger than a red ryder go off so I opted for th.17hmr to keep it quiet and shoot flat. My next one will be something a bit bigger but, I’m very pleased with this.

I have a 10/22 I could use, but prefer something else.  Centerfire is a preference, but a good argument can convince me otherwise.

Moving from the very effective 55 grain .223 to something else is going to be tough.  That bullet is a true performer.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Subtracted some and added some so this is the current Predator Medicine 

Savage Model 93 R 17 TR

Rock Island 22 TCM BR

Custom Built 17 Remington Built on a Rem 722 Blueprinted Action with a Timney Trigger and a Shilen match Barrel

H&R 22 Hornet Single Shot (also for sale)

Stag AR 15 

And in search of a CZ 527 17 Hornet If anyone is looking to unload one

17 tr 1.jpg

p1.JPG

p12.JPG

a1.JPG

Moving from the very effective 55 grain .223 to something else is going to be tough.  That bullet is a true performer.

Once the Democrats ban the AR you can still use that round, just in something like a Mossberg Predator.   

Then again, who really knows until the unconstitutional legislation is eventually passed, it might start out as, "if you like your .223, you can keep your .223", and then morph into something 1000x worse.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp-predator-vortex-scoped-combos-27967/

"I wish we could sell them another hill at the same price." - Brigadier General Nathanael Greene, June 28, 1775

Once the Democrats ban the AR you can still use that round, just in something like a Mossberg Predator.   

Then again, who really knows until the unconstitutional legislation is eventually passed, it might start out as, "if you like your .223, you can keep your .223", and then morph into something 1000x worse.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/mvp-predator-vortex-scoped-combos-27967/

Someone got me interested in another .223.  I like the round and prefer to stick with the smaller calibers.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.