IGNORED

How to ignore (filter) forums/content/members

So the question came up in the NMP topic on how users can filter out content they don't want to see.

There are two main areas where your "view" can be filtered:

1) Recent Topics on the main page

2) User Settings

* Latest Content Tab (which is the same link as View New Content on the top right menu bar)

* Ignore Preferences

Screenshots speak 1000 words, so these will show you where and how you can do that :up:

How to Filter Forums:

filter-forums.PNG

How to Filter Recent Topics:

filter-recent-topics-1.PNG

filter-recent-topics-2.PNG

How to Filter/Ignore Members:

filter-users-1.png

filter-users-2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for pinning this topic. I've put it to good use.

I also want to apologize for the last 24 hours. I've made sure it won't happen again.

Wow, all I see are hunting topics now! ????

Edit: It doesn't work with Tapatalk, so that app was summarily deleted from the phone.

Any way to clean up the View New Content view too?

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

• 7 months later...

Just FYI: with the new website, you ignore things differently. Its nice, just different. Activity>My ActivityStreams. You can change the filter settings and save them as different custom streams. You can then set one of the streams as your "default stream". You will end up with a link by the top-right that you click to quickly get to it - next to the "Mark Site Read" link (that helps you clear things).

You can filter on just a sub-set of forums (letting you ignore others) and you can filter on things you haven't read yet, or things since your last visit, in the past day, week, month, etc.

Anyway, took me a while to figure this out, just wanted to chime in to say the ignore feature still exists, it is just done a little differently.

• 4 years later...

Streams are busted.  I am trying to hide the new political discussion, and the new stream I created doesn't stick.

I have the Stream filter at the top of the Recent Topics forum.  When I go to the Topics to remove the NMP section from Recent Topics it works until you navigate away from the page.  I created a second stream and named it "Recent Topics-NP", and that saved stream disappears after reloading any page on the browser.

Not sure why the changes aren't sticking.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.