IGNORED

Eureka! Discovered GOLD While Splitting Wood

Red oak? It's a type of hardwood that I burn in the winter. But that's not important right now.

Joking, of course. Chanterelle mushrooms. The most delicate, delicious mushroom that grows in our woods. 

I think he was asking about what you found while splitting oak, not about the oak :shock:

I think he was asking about what you found while splitting oak, not about the oak :shock:

That's a way of being funny.  That type of word play was used a lot by Leslie Neilson in a few of his movies.  "It's a type of hardwood that I burn in the winter. But that's not important right now."

That's a way of being funny.  That type of word play was used a lot by Leslie Neilson in a few of his movies.  "It's a type of hardwood that I burn in the winter. But that's not important right now."

And we still don't know what it is :-)

Cooking chanterelles.

1) Brush, rinse and pat dry. I cook them one pound at a time.

2) Chanterelles have a lot of water in them. Put them in a dry pan on medium/high heat and in a couple of minutes the water will come out. Keep going until all the water boils away.

3) Add four tablespoons of butter and saute' until they are golden brown and the edges start to crisp. I added some seasoned garlic powder as well. That's it!

4) Enjoy! Tonight I'll be having grilled deer burgers  with chanterelles and swiss.

034.JPG

035.JPG

038.JPG

039.JPG

Edited by Woodsman416