IGNORED

A commercial got me thinking

vdep217

Now I don't watch a whole lot of tv, maybe an hour or so a day. Well tonight I seen a commercial that I have seen before but today I got to wondering. With the dollar shave club and other discount razors does any one still shave with a single straight blade that you sharpen your self. I'm only 30 and my grandfather taught me to use one about 10 years ago. He always said it was the best shave that you will ever get the hell with these new fangled contraptions. He had since past and I have had several of his straights for about 5 years. I rotate and sharpen every other week, using the strope when necessary. He left me a few but the two that stand out are an h bowker and co. And a expert blue steel. Am I the only one left in this day that still uses one. Yes it takes a little more time but what a great shave.

Deer season needs to get here to much time for the miss to wander

Edited by vdep217

I don't use a straight blade but the best shave comes from them.

Dollar Shave Club's razors and handles are made by Dorco USA, I purchase my razor cartridges directly from them, they make many types to choose from, even a sample package with a few different ones. They also sell straight edge blades.

http://dorcousa.com

I am One of the lucky ones I have a very soft beard and don't need a shave every day My Photo is a Beard Me App. Don't even use Shaving Cream Liquid Irish Spring while showering. So I use the Bic 2 blade 10 pack that lasts more than a year.

I have 8 Straight Razors my Father and Grand father left me 5 Ivory Handles never used. no strapping belt but 5 stones from Oil to I think some sort of Marble.   

Could never sharpen the Buck Knives I have so A local Butcher does it Razor sharp. one could shave with them Not Me. I bleed  :eek:

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

I am One of the lucky ones I have a very soft beard and don't need a shave every day My Photo is a Beard Me App. Don't even use Shaving Cream Liquid Irish Spring while showering. So I use the Bic 2 blade 10 pack that lasts more than a year.

I have 8 Straight Razors my Father and Grand father left me 5 Ivory Handles never used. no strapping belt but 5 stones from Oil to I think some sort of Marble.   

Could never sharpen the Buck Knives I have so A local Butcher does it Razor sharp. one could shave with them Not Me. I bleed  :eek:

Same here I can get away with shaving twice per week and in the winter I don't shave,. No shaving cream as well:-)

I use Harry's, $2/blade and one lasts me months.

Shaving is for women's crotches and armpits. Men have beards

I agree and I have one. But do to work I have to keep it above the neck line and below the cheek bones. So I need to shave. I wish I didn't have to but it is whay it is

I am on a business trip and forgot my razor.  Shaved my beard off a couple of months ago.  I guess it's time to grow the beard back because I am too stupid and lazy to remember to pack a razor.  I need to simplify my life, and I'm starting by not shaving.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I agree and I have one. But do to work I have to keep it above the neck line and below the cheek bones. So I need to shave. I wish I didn't have to but it is whay it is

I use a beard trimmer for that.  it takes it right down to the skin without causing any irritation or ingrown hairs.  I shave my head once a week with it too

I am on a business trip and forgot my razor.  Shaved my beard off a couple of months ago.  I guess it's time to grow the beard back because I am too stupid and lazy to remember to pack a razor.  I need to simplify my life, and I'm starting by not shaving.

right on!

It's 2017 gentlemen you have to man scape. No straight blade for me.

I'm fat, over 40, married, a redneck, and a nerd.  It is impossible for me to manscape.  It wouldn't even be as effective as putting lipstick on a pig.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I have a thick heavy beard but only shave once per week, cause I hate shaving. From dorcousa.com I purchase the cartridges with 6 blades I purchase 24 cartridges and they last me for about 2.5 years till I order again costing about $33.00 without joining shaving club