IGNORED

What would you do ?

On public land it's a no brainer....climber.

yup

Climber and gave trees picked out before you hunt

That's what I do

more yup

Climber is always a great choice. I use a climber most of the time. I like climbers because I change trees often mainly because of changing wind or other conditions hunting particular deer. With a climber, you are always mobile. With a little practice, you should be able to climb up/ down quickly and silently with any good climber. I use the summit open shot. Options are endless on the go with a climber.

exactly.  I use an open shot too.  

You could try a ghost blind. I will probably do that this year. The WMA I will be hunting has plenty of trees but many have poison ivy. I am highly allergic so it's not worth the trouble. The ghost blind is light weight and the reviews look good, but they run $200.

Don't be such a wuss. I am also allergic to poison ivy. I don't let it stop me from using the vines for camouflage when using my climber. I got a shot at my target buck from a tree wrapped up in hairy vines. Unfortunately I missed, due to my inability to find my anchor point. Here is my picture on that fateful day.

dd89c7a45ce3b68ea09a23d60b799ac3--human-oddities-medical-oddities.jpg

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

thats sounds like a whole new challenge in itself. 

I stopped using my climber and instead hunt the ground from natural and man-made blinds.  I've seen my productivity in the woods increase as a result.  It can be tough finding the right tree to hang a stand on, and I find there's a good amount of natural blinds in the northern woods.  I have a small doghouse blind that sets up in a couple of minutes that I use instead.  The combo of a not-so-good natural blind and a man-made blind can make for a really good spot.

You can get a decent ground blind for

Just another opinion/option.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Climber for sure. I have an XOP, similar to Lone Wolf and love it. I recommend getting yourself a set of stabilizer straps if you go that route(not the plastic ones that come with a LW). Necessary? Not for everyone but for me they are. I use them to lock the stand down after climbing to my destination and they also serve as your tether in case of a mishap.

Or just be like the guy that builds a tree stand with plywood and 2 x 4's to try and keep me out of a certain area in a smaller south jersey wma. Find deer, see other hunters...hurry and build tree mansion IN SEASON. Oh and dont forget your feeder :up:

I stopped using my climber and instead hunt the ground from natural and man-made blinds.  I've seen my productivity in the woods increase as a result.  It can be tough finding the right tree to hang a stand on, and I find there's a good amount of natural blinds in the northern woods.  I have a small doghouse blind that sets up in a couple of minutes that I use instead.  The combo of a not-so-good natural blind and a man-made blind can make for a really good spot.

You can get a decent ground blind for

Just another opinion/option.

Not a bad suggestion. I plan on hunting from the ground a little more this year too

All of our deer the past few years were taken from the ground, mostly just using natural material to break up our outline.  This video shows a typical set up that we use.  Our daughter shot the buck below with her bow on public land in this type of a set up this past December.

attachicon.gifKayla's 8.jpeg

Cool video Rusty :up:  :up:

And perfect shot by your daughter. You taught your kids well! :up:  :up: 

Edited by LPJR

I didn't read all the replies.. but would have went in between. And bought the lock on and pegs for a definite spot, and I would have bought a cipewa wedgeloc stand and some muddy speed sticks for a "on the go" stand..

Climbers are limited to certain trees, I prefer sticks and a lock on to get cover

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

All of our deer the past few years have been taken from the ground, mostly just using natural material to break up our outline.  This video shows a typical set up that we use.  Our daughter shot the buck below with her bow on public land in this type of a set up this past December.

attachicon.gifKayla's 8.jpeg

Looks a lot like one of my winter bow spots.  Good video :up:

32599961592_824e4e7efc_h.jpgIMG_3826ca by shot4u2c, on Flickr