IGNORED

Hudson County Fishing

I'm not trying to spot burn or anything. Are there any clean bodies of water with edible fish near Hudson county? I checked the entire 2016 consumption advisory list and most good to eat bodies of water are in south jersey or over an hour and half away. any species of fish is fine even carp as long as the water is clean. :) Thanks.

Smungung

I'm not trying to spot burn or anything. Are there any clean bodies of water with edible fish near Hudson county? I checked the entire 2016 consumption advisory list and most good to eat bodies of water are in south jersey or over an hour and half away. any species of fish is fine even carp as long as the water is clean. :) Thanks.

simple put.......NO !!!! Hudson County is the Sh*t Hole County of NJ

I have seen guys catch nice stripers of the JC piers, and keep them to eat. They say "these same fish will be on the beaches in a few weeks and folks will be keeping them to eat - what's the difference?"

Good striper fishing off Bayonne to from what I hear.  If you eat one, I would spread it out, not more than one a month!

To BHC's point - what choices do you have?  Pompton River, Hudson river and bay, Hackensack river and Newark bay.   That's pretty much the only water in Hudson country

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….