IGNORED

New Tire Question

BHC

It's time for new tires soon, I decided on General Grabber AT2 (275/65R18).  My questions are, what's the difference with this size versus the same size in LT?  Between the two will the tread be the same?

I don't pull any type of trailer

LT tires have a load rating and are stiffer sidewalled made for towing, hauling etc. They are truck tires. P rated tires are passenger tires, thinner sidewalls smoother ride(not in all cases) lighter and less rolling resistance so better mpg. When i bought my new f150 it had P rated tires and first thung i did was get rid of them. All you need is to catch a rock on your sidewall while hunting and your stuck

So many great AT tires on the market these days that outperform that crappy old bfg/grabber tread pattern both on and off road. I'm not sure why anyone would run these tires anymore

give me some suggestions.... I love the BFG UP but they are expensive, alternative is the General AT2 at a better price....like I stated I'm not pulling anything nor do I go on rough terrain

give me some suggestions.... I love the BFG UP but they are expensive, alternative is the General AT2 at a better price....like I stated I'm not pulling anything nor do I go on rough terrain

Cost effective tires that kick the crap out of those tires both off and on road...

Cooper discoverer at3

Toyo open country at2

Here is a great write up from expedition portal. They put a bunch of the top at tires to the test a few years ago. I'd also run goodyear duratracs (which they didn't test here) but those are definitely expensive

https://expeditionportal.com/where-the-rubber-meets-the-road/

I have the toyo at2 extremes and love them. My dad had the grabbers and they did good for him but didnt last long. Terra grapplers are nice also but toyo is my go to. Oxford tire had pretty cheap prices on the generals

Edited by mattg1500

I have the toyo at2 extremes and love them. My dad had the grabbers and they did good for him but didnt last long. Terra grapplers are nice also but toyo is my go to. Oxford tire had pretty cheap prices on the generals

I've been running the toyos in 285-70-17 for 4 years now and have no major complaints at all. Just about 50k miles and plenty of life left in them.

I have several friends who run the coopers and they have had the same experience. When I replace my tires, I'm going to try the coopers out based on what I've read online in some truck forums and that article I linked above

Had the BFG. They were great tires, lasted 50k. The shop wanted $225 a tire for the same one. I went with the Goodyear Dura tracs for $180 a tire at 225/65R18. They are a great tire. Preform great in the snow and off road.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk